Crampedin13A
HerpaYvr
Print Wikipost

YUL Micro Do January 29th

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by PLeblond
Cabs work best. Although as an anglophone in Quebec...every time I take a cab either I am a) fearful for my life or b) the "machine is broken". FFS. Then i'm like, i'll tip you 100% of the fare, and magically they know how to speak English , become nice, and the machine works.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: *$ Green
Too bad the limit is "point zro cinq" lol
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:14 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Cabs work best. Although as an anglophone in Quebec...every time I take a cab either I am a) fearful for my life or b) the "machine is broken". FFS. Then i'm like, i'll tip you 100% of the fare, and magically they know how to speak English , become nice, and the machine works.
Don't worry Penguin. We'll teach you some of the West Island lingo so you can fit in. Things like "I'need to stop at a Dep with a guichet before eleven." Or even better, there are a choice few french words we can teach you and work on your pronunciation. Using those properly will give you instant street cred.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:20 am

Don't worry Penguin. We'll teach you some of the West Island lingo so you can fit in. Things like "I'need to stop at a Dep with a guichet before eleven." Or even better, there are a choice few french words we can teach you and work on your pronunciation. Using those properly will give you instant street cred.
Dear Penguin. Three things you should know:

1. Don't trust anyone from the west island
2. West Islanders think they can speak french, but they can't
3. Don't trust anyone from the west island
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Dear Penguin. Three things you should know:

1. Don't trust anyone from the west island
2. West Islanders think they can speak french, but they can't
3. Don't trust anyone from the west island
I only suggested the West Island lingo, because I wan't sure he could pull off an entire Quebecois phrase in such a short time. Using lingo like Metro, Autoroute, Dep, Guichet still help differentiate him.

You know if he says Highway, ATM or Connivence Store...or even worse pronounce the word Toronto without the first 'o': T'ronto the cab driver will bring him through Verdun between Place Ville Marie and the Westin.

FYI Penguin; Downtown to YUL is a flat rate in MTL. No meter and no need to tip the value of the fare.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I only suggested the West Island lingo, because I wan't sure he could pull off an entire Quebecois phrase in such a short time. Using lingo like Metro, Autoroute, Dep, Guichet still help differentiate him.

You know if he says Highway, ATM or Connivence Store...or even worse pronounce the word Toronto without the first 'o': T'ronto the cab driver will bring him through Verdun between Place Ville Marie and the Westin.

FYI Penguin; Downtown to YUL is a flat rate in MTL. No meter and no need to tip the value of the fare.
Ah. I take the limo if I'm not renting. I was referring from the hotel to the Do. Fares less than 30$ I run into the issues...
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:32 am

Ahhh yes yes. I see yes. Sorry.

Well in that case what else should he know besides that, and "you put the water and the butter dans l'filter"?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:36 am

Ah. I take the limo if I'm not renting. I was referring from the hotel to the Do. Fares less than 30$ I run into the issues...
Dude, its probably quicker to walk to the Do than to take a cab. Ask the doorman to ask the cabbie. If you pay $30 for that ride, there is something wrong...

On that note, anybody want to tell Mr. Penguin that there's a Keg 4 blocks from his hotel in the Vieux Port?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Dude, its probably quicker to walk to the Do than to take a cab. Ask the doorman to ask the cabbie. If you pay $30 for that ride, there is something wrong...

On that note, anybody want to tell Mr. Penguin that there's a Keg 4 blocks from his hotel in the Vieux Port?
I heard it wasn't as good...too late now

4 blocks is too much exercise for me..
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:42 am

I heard it wasn't as good...too late now

4 blocks is too much exercise for me..
Wasn't as good? Wait!...What?? There are good Keg's and bad Keg's?

And please don't change, I booked my hotel for a short crawl back afterwards...
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Oh don't worry I'm not changing it because people have made plans.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:58 am

Oh don't worry I'm not changing it because people have made plans.
I don't care about location. Either is fine for me.

There's also a Houston right in front of his hotel.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Yeah lets keep it at the same place. We don't want confusion
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

FFS. I just unpacked and realized my wife didn't pack a non company branded shirt. Maybe i'll take some duct tape and cover it
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
FFS. I just unpacked and realized my wife didn't pack a non company branded shirt. Maybe i'll take some duct tape and cover it
You know the place we're eating at is in a mall, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.