Search

Question: Worth it to hit E35K?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE 100K
Talking Worth it to hit E35K?

Hi there everyone-

Hope you all had a great start to the week here- I'm a new user and this is my virgin post. Looking forward to getting this question answered as well as hopefully helping out my fellow travelers when I can.

My question is pretty simple-- I need 2552 miles to make E35K this year. I'm seriously considering just grabbing a flight (out of YWG) to hit the threshold but I'm concerned about which route and fare would get me the miles I need to get there. I can estimate roughly how much I'll get but I'd hate to spend the money and then not hit 35K.

So my questions boil down to: Is going from P25K to E35K worth it? (I do travel often enough and with odd luggage so the extra baggage allowance would be great.)

and-

What do you guys/gals think the best priced fare to get would be to get me over the limit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. <3

Thanks!
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
Not really....usually you need to clinch to begin for a small taste of frequent flyer benefits. Not 25K or 35K.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Domestic and transborder lounge access is worth SOMETHING, but that's really up to you.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:22 am
Original Poster

I already have a MLL Worldwide card... Guess it's not worth it then? The baggage is just so nice...
Old Dec 16, 2014, 4:44 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by streetcircusdan
I already have a MLL Worldwide card... Guess it's not worth it then? The baggage is just so nice...
I would price out - how much baggage do you expect to have to pay for in the next year versus how much that extra flight out of YWG would cost you.

I haven't a clue about MR options from airports out west (and when your MLL card expires - would getting 35K save you the money for having to renew it?), but I could see a situation where it's worthwhile.

2000+ miles strikes me as a pretty big deficit, but gcmap.com tells me it's 937 for a direct YWG-YYZ (even better if you have a reason to go - I'm flying to NB over New Year's to see an old friend & bc hubby will make 35k that way, so two-birds-one-stone), so it's doable, if you can find a decent price this close to Christmas.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Zone 2 boarding alone would do it for me. That and the ability to piss of every *G elite could be rewarding
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by streetcircusdan
I think that as of March 1st 2015 there will be no MLL worldwide card available to E35K - all part of the "enhancements" from Altitude for 2015.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:46 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Geoflying
I think that as of March 1st 2015 there will be no MLL worldwide card available to E35K - all part of the "enhancements" from Altitude for 2015.
You think correct
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Little update- found a Dec. 23 flight YWG-YYZ-YQB-YYZ-YWG that I can do in a day that'll get me to 35K. Cost about 750 bucks. Zone 2 boarding plus the three checked bags plus the 50% off MLL Worldwide Card (that I'll now have to buy) sealed the deal. Thanks for your help everyone!
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Well I just hit E35K LOL... I can e-upgrade my domestic flights on AC now yay! lol. I sometimes got comp ups as UA1K but now I can play the R games instead.

I spread out my programs like crazy this year after leaving UA... I have this year already:

UA Silver
2k for Delta Silver
AA Gold
WS Gold($10K spend LOL)

SE will take me at least one MR on AC J TPAC to hit AQM. Need to see what this concierge is about... LOL

6/6 ups on my Lat Sun passes this year It's been fun going back to AC this year!
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Nice.

I'm currently:
AC SE
A3 Gold
UA Silver
AA Gold

I'm also considering my options for next year. EYW has done two things for me:

1. Kept me SE
2. Given me enough miles that it's hard to pay for travel

Maybe I'll MR to E35K
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Well I just hit E35K
Congratulations on E35K!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.