Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: asovse1
Suggested format for a wiki containing a quick summary of what's available and when at the various MLLs...

Summary of Meal Offerings and Times at MLLs

YYZ Domestic
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, yogurts, scrambled eggs, sausages, hash browns, bread, jam etc. As of Nov/Dec 2018: the usual oatmeal yogurt, bread, bananas, sometimes watermelon, cheese omelette, some sort of meat (e.g. sausage), some sort of roasted potato (from frozen)
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (e.g. potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), margarita pizza (starting at 11:30), cookies, fruit
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups. PHOTOS
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM/AM

YYZ Transborder
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: quick description of food offerings

YYZ International
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; See this post for photos https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30073984-post2600.html Note that the last photos posted for this MLL were Aug 2018

YVR Domestic
Breakfast: 07:00 AM - 9:30 AM; (as of July 2018), sausages, scrambled eggs, potato cakes, oatmeal, yogurts, bananas, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - 2:00?? PM; pizza (limited time, usually replenished no more than twice), salads (chips are pulled) ended ~2pm today, but seems abnormal -eb 2018Jun20
Dinner:6:00 PM - 6:45 PM; macaron with crushed tomato sauce, sprinkled lightly with shredded white cheese and a few basil leaves
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa of hummus (not both at same time), cookies; pretzels from 3:00 PM until 4:30 PM
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - at least 10:00 PM

YVR Transborder
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings

YVR International
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018), oatmeal, scrambled eggs, cantaloupe, croissant/danish. PHOTOS and more PHOTOS
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; similar to YUL international, salads, veggies, hot pasta dish
Outside meal times: PHOTOS from pre-late night departures

YUL Domestic
Breakfast: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Alcohol available: ??:?? - y:yy PM/AM

YUL Transborder
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings. PHOTOS of pasta

YUL International
Lunch: 11:15 AM - y:yy PM; pizza, 3 different salads, raw veggies plus around 11:30, chef was making pasta with garlic and shrimp
Outside meal times: tortilla chips, salsa, guacamole, cookies, fruit salad, other salads, soups. PHOTOS

YYC
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; muffins, fruit, yogurt, toast (with various spreads)
Lunch: ~11:30 AM - 1:30 PM; pizza, soup, chilli; Mon beef roast + sides
Dinner: ~4:30 PM - 6:30 PM; skillit, veggies, rice, Chilli, soup
Outside meal times: ???

LAX
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, cold hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), nachos, salsa, sour cream, cookies, fruit
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups.
Alcohol available: 6:00 AM - 9:30 PM

etc...
Print Wikipost

AC lounge food

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by yyznomad
To be clear, prior to the penne pasta for hot dinner, it was the totally garbage Risotto. The pasta for dinner in the domestic/tb "flagship" MLLs only started recently.

You're describing the lunch spread.

In any case, hopefully AC won't decide to replace this ok pasta with something else... pickles, crap risotto... so many things they've bungled in the past couple of years when it comes to NA MLL food. It's like whoever is in charge with procurement has no taste buds.
How about pickles n pasta? Sounds like a delightful dish to me. However, seeing as how my MLL experiences are limited to TB at YVR and YYZ, that might be something I can say Mmm, try this! before I walk out and go to the slightly better PPLs.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Rundosrun
Fake News! They have had hot food for a while, depends on the time of day. Lunch is ususally pizzas and soups, plus salads. The pizzas are kept warm. Evenings I've seen pasta before like this.
Full disclosure, I'm almost never in the YUL TB MLL at lunchtime. Usually in the morning when there is nothing but bananas, muffins and hard-boiled eggs, sometimes in the evenings anywhere between 4-7pm. Hadn't been in at this hour for a few months, so I was pleasantly surprised when I found the pasta.

So are you saying that the YUL TB MLL has pizza at lunchtime?

Last edited by gabdusch; Dec 6, 2017 at 10:26 am
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by gabdusch
Full disclosure, I'm almost never in the YUL TB MLL at lunchtime. Usually in the morning when there is nothing but bananas, muffins and hard-boiled eggs, somethings in the evenings anywhere between 4-7pm. Hadn't been in at this hour for a few months, so I was pleasantly surprised when I found the pasta.

So are you saying that the YUL TB MLL has pizza at lunchtime?
Yup, pizza around lunchtime the last 5 times I was there in the last 4 weeks. And it seems to go quickly. It's not bad; can be a little soggy.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:50 am

In the new YVR lounge Now

With nothing but bananas, yogurt, and oatmeal around 1030am.

Very clean kitchen
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by sxc234
....Very clean kitchen
Nice backsplash.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:11 pm

People are still so keen to get bananas and yogurt lol.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
With nothing but bananas, yogurt, and oatmeal around 1030am.

Very clean kitchen
First off, to be specific, this is the YVR International MLL.
Secondly the time you posted is aroun the time of food purgatory, between breakfast and lunch.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:12 am

Secondly the time you posted is aroun the time of food purgatory, between breakfast and lunch.
yes this was the intl lounge they just renovated. Just found it annoying to not have any food understanding they were switching from breakfast to lunch. Couldnt they replace the items as they did the switch so counters are not empty? I could tell other pax were also upset there was no food.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:13 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
This is a fundamental flaw in the way Air Canada operates this Maple Leaf Lounges. It's 9am somewhere, for someone in a lounge. It's inappropriate to not have [hot and decent] food at all times.
eracerblue, capedreamer and TDOA_8 like this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: AC E75K
yes this was the intl lounge they just renovated. Just found it annoying to not have any food understanding they were switching from breakfast to lunch. Couldnt they replace the items as they did the switch so counters are not empty? I could tell other pax were also upset there was no food.
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
This is a fundamental flaw in the way Air Canada operates this Maple Leaf Lounges. It's 9am somewhere, for someone in a lounge. It's inappropriate to not have [hot and decent] food at all times.
+1

No respectable airline lounge should have a "food purgatory".
Old Dec 7, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: TK *G
I understand that YVR or YYZ is nowhere like HKG/SIN/IST in terms of transit passengers, so it's understandable that meal standard is different based on local time. But still, no hot item at all is unacceptable. Many people including me fly morning YYZ-YVR flights pretty often, when we land at YVR it's lunch time at YYZ, a light hot meal in he lounge would be great. Or some hot soups and sandwiches at least?

Here's a good example. TG lounge at HKG offers hot dim sums and noodles at all times, then at local meal times additional hot dishes are served.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by songsc
I understand that YVR or YYZ is nowhere like HKG/SIN/IST in terms of transit passengers, so it's understandable that meal standard is different based on local time. But still, no hot item at all is unacceptable. Many people including me fly morning YYZ-YVR flights pretty often, when we land at YVR it's lunch time at YYZ, a light hot meal in he lounge would be great. Or some hot soups and sandwiches at least?

Here's a good example. TG lounge at HKG offers hot dim sums and noodles at all times, then at local meal times additional hot dishes are served.
Aside from the "quality" of the food, there is definitely a hot item for lunch (pizza and soup) and dinner (pasta and soup) at the YVR, YUL, and YYZ MLLs.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:52 pm

Aside from the "quality" of the food, there is definitely a hot item for lunch (pizza and soup) and dinner (pasta and soup) at the YVR, YUL, and YYZ MLLs.
But why is it so difficult to at least keep the soup after meal hours? Even cup noodles would be great. And that's gonna cost AC may be $50 per day per MLL?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by songsc
But why is it so difficult to at least keep the soup after meal hours? Even cup noodles would be great. And that's gonna cost AC may be $50 per day per MLL?
Oh right, you meant during purgatory
I don't have an answer as the rationale, but my guess is the contract staff need to clear the crap out, clean everything, prep setup for the new contraptions, and then bring out the new food after it's done preparing.
But that is no excuse to have nothing in "purgatory time".
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:59 pm

Oh right, you meant during purgatory
I don't have an answer as the rationale, but my guess is the contract staff need to clear the crap out, clean everything, prep setup for the new contraptions, and then bring out the new food after it's done preparing.
But that is no excuse to have nothing in "purgatory time".
Lol yeah I was talking about purgatory time.

Not sure if MLLs allow food from outside, but I am considering bringing cup noodles or whatever I can buy from the food court to MLL during purgatory hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.