Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

3 exclusive holiday offers (15% AQM bonus + promo code + expanded eupgrade window)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 exclusive holiday offers (15% AQM bonus + promo code + expanded eupgrade window)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
http://altitude-offer.aircanada.com/...etrox/register

Old Dec 12, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
Thanks Ben for the clarification. Just checked my settings and for some reasons, all of my communications preference were set to YES, with the exception or AirCanada promotional emails... So I suspect it is "too late" to get the promo code this time around? I was wondering why all of a sudden I stopped receiving regular communications such as the Altitute Report, so hopefully this will fix things going forward
Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
The email was sent out to those who had opted in to receiving promotional emails. The 15% promo code is unique to the Altitude member who received the email, but the 15% bonus AQMs and expanded upgrade windows are available to any current Altitude member.
Same here. I used to receive these emails and now all of a sudden my preference was set to 'no' without my knowledge and now no email. I never changed this setting. Ben - can these emails be resent or something?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 7:07 am

Programs: Free Agent
same system reset to 'no' for AC emails. very interesting timing?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by D582
Same here. I used to receive these emails and now all of a sudden my preference was set to 'no' without my knowledge and now no email. I never changed this setting. Ben - can these emails be resent or something?
My memory is foggy as to exact timing however about 6 or 12 months ago a new law regarding e-mail came into effect. I remember AC (along with many other companies) sent me an e-mail advising me I would no longer receive correspondence from them unless I opted in. There was a thread here about it. Did you opt in at that time?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: SE 100K, ICH Plat, Fairmont Plat,SPG Gold
Totally agree with an "Altitude Inbox" as suggested by YOWCDNFF!

This would definitely be a great solution....I too have not been receiving the promotional offers and other emails even though my settings are set to yes to all!
Old Dec 13, 2014, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by djkyyc
My memory is foggy as to exact timing however about 6 or 12 months ago a new law regarding e-mail came into effect. I remember AC (along with many other companies) sent me an e-mail advising me I would no longer receive correspondence from them unless I opted in. There was a thread here about it. Did you opt in at that time?
That would be the Canadian Anti-Spam Law which went into effect on 1 July. Looking back the last "Altitude Report' email I received was on 19 June and never gave this any thought.

However, I most certainly did not receive an email from AC asking me to re-opt-in. And I'm guessing many other people here did not receive this email as well and were simply removed from receiving emails. Funny though, because I never received an email from Aeroplan either regarding opting-in to continue to receive their communications and the preferences for that are still set to Yes.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 3:08 pm

I'm now also wondering if this is the same reason why some people did not receive invitations to the 787 launch events for example...
Old Dec 13, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: AC*SE, CX*G, Priority Pass, NEXUS, Accor Plat, Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Also in the same boat:

- No e-mail to opt-in from AC/AP back over the summer
- Opted-out automatically in AP for AC e-mails (but not from AP e-mails)
- Haven't received "promo" e-mails from AC (and now had to change the setting accordingly)

Funny enough, I've definitely continued to receive some e-mails from AC that I would certainly consider "promotional" (e.g. enRoute content, etc.), but not this holiday offer.

Fortunately, there was still positive R-space when I went to request my upgrade (around the usual T-7 window, even though it had been open for several additional days), but looks like a ball (or two) was definitely dropped somewhere along the line. Would be very nice to see AC make good on this by doing another sweep for the promo and by working with AP to resolve the (obvious) IT issues between the two of them.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Does anyone else's code have the word "westjet" in it? Mine does, and i'm not joking at all. Once I use the discount i'll post it, but for real, my discount code has WestJet in it and it's funny!!
Old Dec 13, 2014, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
The email was sent out to those who had opted in to receiving promotional emails. The 15% promo code is unique to the Altitude member who received the email, but the 15% bonus AQMs and expanded upgrade windows are available to any current Altitude member.
The T&C's clearly state for the 15% AQM Bonus:

''Only the Air Canada Altitude member with a valid Altitude status on or prior to December 31, 2014, who is the recipient of this email is eligible for the offer. Offer is non-transferable''

I would be VERY reluctant believing anything else, especially given the communication fiasco last time you advised us of of the triple dip AQM fiasco (which resulted in some giving large sums of money to AC for a promo you then recanted on), and the fact you are allowed to change your mind without recourse

Fool one once...
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:23 am
Flying Blue Director

For those that had their email preferences reset to 'No' following the anti-spam legislation implementation, please drop me a note with your AP number and email address on file and I can have your promo codes resent.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
WestJet in the Air Canada promo code

Yes, who thought this was a clever idea? I first noticed it in the link in post #46
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:34 am
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by 24left

Yes, who thought this was a clever idea? I first noticed it in the link in post #46
We are actually looking into this and how it happened! Could SAP and others who have WS in the promo code kindly shoot me a note with the promo code? It's very strange.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
We are actually looking into this and how it happened! Could SAP and others who have WS in the promo code kindly shoot me a note with the promo code? It's very strange.

Ben
Already sent it to you via PM
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by 24left

That link can be manipulated by the URL. Doesn't mean the promo code would actually work. I thought it was just the poster of the link having a bit of fun.

Eg:http://altitude-offer.aircanada.com/...rtalk/register

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.