Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Gift Card receipt - phishing scam?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Gift Card receipt - phishing scam?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Toronto1970
Good point. The domain for help-aircanada.com is registered to a tech company in Plano, Texas. It just seems very bizarre that a scammer would have both of our names (with no apparent scam angle since there are no links to follow)

Upthread and elsewhere on this subject are reminders to always check the return address (someone found one with too many "a"s in Canada. Someone else had also entered the number and got zero balance.

I'm not an expert in this area, but I ignore and delete. (Kind of reminds me of those fun emails from banks long ago. Also why we do not answer the phone. Our "friends" will have to try and sell someone else duct cleaning or roofing.)

See other posts and link to other thread further up
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: United Premier 1K
It turns out these are legit! (or at least the ones I received are).

In another thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24017755-post120.html) Ben Lipsey offered to investigate the e-mails I received. He got back to me earlier today that they are indeed from Air Canada. (And I've already been able to use some of the codes for discounts on my flights).

I think AC could definitely do a better job at explaining why these are being sent out, but nonetheless I'm not complaining!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.