Wiki Posts
Search

Europe Airpass Advice

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2014, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Europe Airpass Advice

I'll be taking AC to Europe as part of my mini-rtw this summer, and would like to finish off the remaining European *A carriers that are on my checklist (Aegean, Adria, TAP).

Not knowing all the pros and cons of the Airpass, would it be better to book a Europe Airpass using the *A search tool, or would it be less expensive to book a series of one-way flights with each individual carrier?

I do know that stopovers are required, which is fine, since I can tour the cities I wish to visit.

Since the flights are relatively short in length, I don't mind sitting in economy, and earning AP/AQMs is not necessarily important.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 5:59 am

Programs: AC E50
Originally Posted by yqtyyz
I'll be taking AC to Europe as part of my mini-rtw this summer, and would like to finish off the remaining European *A carriers that are on my checklist (Aegean, Adria, TAP).

Not knowing all the pros and cons of the Airpass, would it be better to book a Europe Airpass using the *A search tool, or would it be less expensive to book a series of one-way flights with each individual carrier?

I do know that stopovers are required, which is fine, since I can tour the cities I wish to visit.

Since the flights are relatively short in length, I don't mind sitting in economy, and earning AP/AQMs is not necessarily important.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Having done these passes before, I use the Star Alliance Website for the routing that I want to achieve. You have to make a minimum number of stops (which I'm guessing you know) and you have to have this booked and paid for by the time you depart on your transatlantic flight.

You can save the itinerary you build on the site, and when you call into Air Canada to book it, they will take your itinerary and send it to the rates desk to give you a final price. The cost of each of the legs is determined by the distance that you travel.

It's been a few years for me to do it, but that's what I recall.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Thanks, chaptwo!

From playing around with the tool, certain city pairings are not valid (e.g., too close to each other, or require out of the way connections through FRA/MUC), so I have tried to make it as circular and separate as possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.