Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

SE Denied UA Lounge Access in IAH on Domestic Ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Could you explain why you think AC could learn from the IST TK lounge? (Other than catering...)
Others have stated a few things but for me the YYZ Domestic experience at peak times is far from enjoyable. The elevators are slower than a seniors home and when , the doors open there is a sprint to the lounge dragons because some people have legitimate issues to discuss (totally acceptable) whereas others just want to get to a chair, the business centre, snack area, etc. If I do not require assistance, why should I line up for a BP scan?

Washrooms. TK CIP Lounge also has a washroom attendant and is fully operational which cannot be said about the AC MLLs across the country. Things are left unrepaired for days or weeks, including out of service urinals.

Exiting. TK has 2 exits we can use which means there is never a line up to wait for an elevator. You can use stairs or the elevator from the lower level, otherwise you can head straight out the entrance doors.

Now, the IST terminal itself is not a gem at all as most of us know. And I was all excited when we pulled up to a domestic gate bridge to only be shuttled off the stairs on to the bus on a full A320. At least the A321s appear to get bridge gates, so it was somewhat a more pleasant experience to board but that terminal's bus gates area turns into a refugee camp at times
Old Nov 6, 2014, 7:31 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriot Lifetime Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by IC Expert
For the record. They were not concerned with the lack of card. It was being super elite with domestic only Interiray.

I was in DEN today and had a similar experience. I was gaming the system by checking in with AP to get free checked bags. Then had the gate agent change to MP as I'm only a few segments away from Silver Status on UA. Arrived in DEN, they scanned my electronic boarding pass and was denied. They said *G on international flights only which makes no sense as that's never happened before. The other agent agreed and said that shouldn't matter. Showed my card and still had a paper boarding pass with AP number and he let me in. Not sure if it was the MP number that was obviously now associated with my ticket or what.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
The elevators are slower than a seniors home
I have always wondered who was the brilliant monkey (or joint monkey GTAA and monkey AC decision makers) who decided not to have publicly useable stairs like many other lounges/MLLs.

Monkeys or hamsters in a wheel operate the Domestic YYZ MLL elevators.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 6:58 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
The contracted TK agent working the *G check-in desk in BLQ yesterday advised me that the only provide a lounge invitation to their own TK frequent fliers, not any other *G members.
Please report it to AC - TK breaks *A rules (or contracted handling agent was an idiot)!
Old Nov 7, 2014, 9:57 am

I recently flew EWR-HNL in J on United. When accessing the United Club at EWR, the agent first said "Sorry, even though it's so long, it's still just a domestic flight so you don't get UC access." It took some 30 seconds for the agent to understand access was permitted by the AC card rather than the J boarding pass.

Perhaps United Agents have received some unclear communication on this policy recently. In the past I've never had even a minuscule issue like this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.