Wiki Posts
Search

AC transfer desk in IST

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2014, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K
AC transfer desk in IST

I have an upcoming Aeroplan flight this December in J, AMS-IST-YYZ. AMS-IST is on TK and the IST-YYZ is in AC. I am arriving IST at 4:30 AM and the connecting AC flight leaves at 10:55 AM, not sure what time the AC transfer desk in IST opens. Will I be able to get my IST-YYZ boarding pass issued when I check in in AMS, or will I have to wait 'til I get to IST? Could I get to the boarding area in IST if I don't have my onward boarding pass printed yet? I would not like to wait in the limbo area in IST.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 4:19 pm

TK will issue the boarding passes in AMS. Make sure you visit TK lounge in IST it's the best business class lounge I've ever visited.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 5:42 pm

Insist on getting your boarding pass issued in AMS for your AC flight otherwise be prepared to wait in the no mans land area as security will not let you past without a BP and the transfer desk will claim that you have to wait till AC desk opens. If you face the situation ask the people at the transfer desk to handwrite a BP and walk you to the security check point to explain the situation. It took me a lot of talking to get them to do it last time in IST but I stood my ground and got in. You cannot do an OLCI in Ist and have BP issued. I tried.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.