Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Priority Boarding for Companions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Priority Boarding for Companions?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Priority Boarding for Companions?

I have reservations on AC's new Mont-Tremblant service, which means I'll be taking my first AC economy flight in years. Does *G status give priority boarding to all passengers on the PNR, or just the individual passengers with status?

Thanks.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
Everyone on the PNR, within reason. If its a family, a co worker, or a friend, not a problem.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nave888
Everyone on the PNR, within reason. If its a family, a co worker, or a friend, not a problem.
It's just my wife travelling with me. Thanks.

I don't suppose baggage benefits are also extended?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by nave888
Generally speaking I have found that even if they are not on the same PNR it is not an issue. Now, with the new priority boarding system hinted at in the recent announcement, that might go the way of the Dodo - will be interesting to see. I can envisage some pretty unpleasant situations occurring where families get split up at the boarding gate unless the GAs are given the flexibility to use common sense. Mind you splitting up families doesn't seem to have worried the airlines (not just AC) before. Just last week I had two small children placed in the seats beside me while their mother had been given a middle seat 15 rows away on the other side of the aircraft. (Obviously with the co-operation of the FAs I moved elsewhere so they could be together but I would not have been happy to have been shunted off to a middle seat from my nice window!! - sorry for thread creep)

Last edited by Geoflying; Oct 28, 2014 at 1:45 pm Reason: fix typo
Old Oct 28, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I don't suppose baggage benefits are also extended?
No such luck I'm afraid - you will have to use your own allowance. However many bags does your wife need to bring anyway? (Don't answer that )

Last edited by Geoflying; Oct 28, 2014 at 1:44 pm Reason: emphasis added
Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Geoflying
No such luck I'm afraid - you will have to use your own allowance. However many bags does your wife need to bring anyway? (Don't answer that )
Thanks. I think it should all fit within my 3-bag allowance (but they'll be big bags), but it was more of a curiosity. Because it's a ski trip, however, we will have more bags than usual, as we are bringing our equipment with us. Skis, boots and related clothing do take up a fair amount of luggage space. Fortunately, our hard plastic ski travel case holds both sets of skis and poles, so at least it's not one bag each just for the equipment.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 4:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I had a tough time getting my travelling companion (really good friend, we were flying together for a vacation, but separate PNRs) on with me. I was SE in J, he was no status in Y.

Maybe it was because they were policing the red carpet for the 787 more heavily than normal, but one agent demanded our boarding passes while we were waiting to get into the priority line, and "he's my travelling companion" wasn't enough. I think that ended after a slight DYKWIA moment

Then actually boarding, the agent looked at his BP and said "wait... you're not priority", but a simple "He's with me" solved that.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 5:25 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
I use the "he's with me" and it always works out.

i'll be travelling with 7 people next month, not sure how it will go then
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, *G, WS-Gold, Nexus, HH-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hertz-PC
Originally Posted by RZR
I use the "he's with me" and it always works out.

i'll be travelling with 7 people next month, not sure how it will go then
Yup. Gotta love this. Nothing better for the people in line behind you than having to wait while "acquaintances" and "travelling companions" with no status board ahead of me (and take up bin space).

Maybe I should start a thread on how this cheapens my priority boarding experience?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by TravellingGypsy
Yup. Gotta love this. Nothing better for the people in line behind you than having to wait while "acquaintances" and "travelling companions" with no status board ahead of me (and take up bin space).

Maybe I should start a thread on how this cheapens my priority boarding experience?
^ ^ ^ I agree with you. Probably the best way to solve it is to have a new Select Privilege where we can choose N number of "companion boarding" passes to allow them to join us in the priority boarding lane

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.