Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accor 5000 miles bonus PER STAY offer. HOT!!!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Gold, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Silver

Not sure if anyone noticed this...

It came to my attention today that Accor (i.e. Sofitel, Novotel, Mercure, Pullman, etc) is offering 5000 Aeroplan Miles PER STAY until the end of the year!!!!

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub...romotion.shtml

At first, I thought this was too good to be true, but it isn't!

With the numerous Novotel properties in and around Toronto (4), this could easily translate into 20,000 miles in just 4 nights!!!!!!!

INSANE!!!

Last edited by cober6711; Oct 15, 2014 at 8:02 pm
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:33 pm

Sounds good if you value AE points at >1.8c each.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by cober6711
Not sure if anyone noticed this...

It came to my attention today that Accor (i.e. Sofitel, Novotel, Mercure, Pullman, etc) is offering 5000 Aeroplan Miles PER STAY until the end of the year!!!!

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub...romotion.shtml

At first, I thought this was too good to be true, but it isn't!

With the numerous Novotel properties in and around Toronto (4), this could easily translate into 20,000 miles in just 4 nights!!!!!!!

INSANE!!!
Considering all the trouble we go through with SPG just to earn 20,000 points just so we can convert those points into Aeroplan for 25,000 miles, I would have to agree with you! That sounds like a terrific deal!

Any limitations or fine print? If I stay 1 night, I get 5,000 miles?! Is that true?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Limitations are that not all properties are included. Notably the Ibis Budget hotels.

They are running same promo for BA Executive Club members but they get only 2500 miles per stay. But 2500 miles can get say between LHR and many countries in Europe oneway on a cash plus miles basis. Sadly AC doesn't have that. Although true 4x stays will get me 20,000. But what can you do with 20,000 miles these days?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 5:37 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by CanRulez

Any limitations or fine print? If I stay 1 night, I get 5,000 miles?! Is that true?
Damn - our corporate policy requires reservations to be made through the company travel agent (can you spell "kick backs"?) so my next 5 stays will not be eligible
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Gold, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by CanRulez
Considering all the trouble we go through with SPG just to earn 20,000 points just so we can convert those points into Aeroplan for 25,000 miles, I would have to agree with you! That sounds like a terrific deal!

Getting 20K points on SPG isn't THAT hard if you know how to do BRG claims.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:32 am

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by cober6711
Getting 20K points on SPG isn't THAT hard if you know how to do BRG claims.
Out of curiosity what is a BRG claim?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: AC SE
Where do you enter your Aeroplan number in your Accor account......
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:07 am

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Limitations are that not all properties are included. Notably the Ibis Budget hotels.
Where did you see details on what properties are excluded? Didn't see any mention of this in the T&Cs.
Thanks.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eternity000
Out of curiosity what is a BRG claim?
BRG= Best Rate Guarantee

Here's a useful link:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

You can get 2000 Starpoints if you're able to get a valid claim (not always that difficult). This takes a bit of research, but it isn't that hard.

However, now you can't claim against 2 hotels in the same geographic area in a week. You used to be able to. The one sole exception to this rule seems to be that Niagara Falls, NY and Niagara Falls, ON are considered to be separate for the purposes of the guarantee, and, as such, you could claim against both Sheratons in a week and still get the 2000 points.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cruban
Where did you see details on what properties are excluded? Didn't see any mention of this in the T&Cs.
Thanks.
It seems that all Novotels and Sofitels in Canada would count, and that's all that matters to me

Besides, there are some pretty good weekend rates (around $80) at some of the Novotel properties around here...

Last edited by cober6711; Oct 16, 2014 at 7:36 am
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First
To really take advantage of this deal need to find some hotels sub $30, thus my question regarding T&Cs.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by jmolony
Where do you enter your Aeroplan number in your Accor account......
Like most hotel programs:

HOW TO EARN AEROPLAN MILES WITH LE CLUB ACCORHOTELS (ACCOR HOTELS AND RESORTS)
Join Le Club Accorhotels and you can earn Aeroplan Miles with any of Accor's participating brands in one of the two following ways:

1) Earn on each stay by choosing "auto conversion": Simply ask at check-in to have your profile updated, or visit s-leclub.accorhotels.com/ffp/aeroplan/en/ and update your Le Club Accorhotels profile by selecting "Aeroplan" as your automatic conversion preference.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: AC SE
I have 20k Le Club points currently which I'd like to keep there. Does anyone know if I select "auto conversion", will it convert my existing points, or just those for my future stays?

Originally Posted by beep88
Like most hotel programs:

HOW TO EARN AEROPLAN MILES WITH LE CLUB ACCORHOTELS (ACCOR HOTELS AND RESORTS)
Join Le Club Accorhotels and you can earn Aeroplan Miles with any of Accor's participating brands in one of the two following ways:

1) Earn on each stay by choosing "auto conversion": Simply ask at check-in to have your profile updated, or visit s-leclub.accorhotels.com/ffp/aeroplan/en/ and update your Le Club Accorhotels profile by selecting "Aeroplan" as your automatic conversion preference.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by colinyyz
I have 20k Le Club points currently which I'd like to keep there. Does anyone know if I select "auto conversion", will it convert my existing points, or just those for my future stays?
Enabling the autoconversion will sweep all your current points to miles. You can issue award vouchers first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.