Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

how long for award changes to ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2014, 3:47 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Called this am to change both routing and class of service. Taxes and fees and mileage difference quoted. Credit card supplied, pnrs obtained. I haven't received a confirmatory email and don't see a ticket number associated with the pnrs. How long should this take and should I call back?
Thanks.

Fdw
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I remember reading this on ft. Ive never run into this, but iirc it can take a few days if travel isn't commencing soon
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: A Few
From numerous previous experiences over the past year...It could be later today, tomorrow, or over a week from now. Your guess is as good as mine.

My three most recent files that had changes that required AE to reissue the ticket...one ticket took 11 days to emerge from the queue, the other two were processed in 24-48 hours.

I haven't had a same day ticket exchange/reissue in quite a while.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire
If you're anxious, just call them up again and have them manually ticket it then and there. They'll have to call ticketing to get it done, so expect to hold for a couple of minutes but then you'll have it all done and confirmed. Remember though that once requested, the award space is locked in, so you don't risk loosing the seats before they're ticketed, but it's helpful to be able to select seats/meals and co.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 5:32 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
My changes have taken 48 hours on average to be re-ticketed (some were done on friday evening to be fair).

I usually call each business day in the morning to check up on it, have received tracking numbers for some, reassurance for others . But 2 business days on average.

Remember though that once requested, the award space is locked in, so you don't risk loosing the seats before they're ticketed,
Seem to have read some horror stories here about some carriers cancelling tickets that have not been re-issued for a certain window of time (48 hours?). That is why I try to be a little more proactive
Old Oct 15, 2014, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Called this am to change both routing and class of service. Taxes and fees and mileage difference quoted. Credit card supplied, pnrs obtained. I haven't received a confirmatory email and don't see a ticket number associated with the pnrs. How long should this take and should I call back?
Thanks.
Usually, long enough that some reservations get cancelled. Leg just disappears from the booking. You call, the person sees nothing wrong with the ticket, what's your problem.

Eventually you get it through that a leg is missing. They reinstate, put in the queue for ticketing again. Back to square one. After a week,...
Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:27 pm
Original Poster
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Thanks for all the reassurances. I assume the miles will be pulled from my account when the re-ticketing occurs?

I actually want to change the itinerary again; hoping that availability opens up closer to departure. I know that changes have to be made >2 hours before departure... in those cases they must push the ticketing through immediately; correct?

Thanks
FDW
Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
yes, ideally
Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
I actually want to change the itinerary again; hoping that availability opens up closer to departure. I know that changes have to be made >2 hours before departure... in those cases they must push the ticketing through immediately; correct?
They must? They should, yes.

(But read the horror stories...)
Old Oct 17, 2014, 6:59 am
Original Poster

So apparently my change hadn't been ticketed at the 24 hour mark but availability on a better routing opened up. So called up, and the agent amended my file with the new routing and since it hadn't ticketed yet there was not additional fee. She told me it should take another 24-48 hours to ticket.

Fdw
Old Oct 21, 2014, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Just an update. Last change was the 16th; just ticketed as of last night so over 96 hours!

Fdw

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.