FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1617243-air-canada-new-meal-offerings-international-business-class-customers.html)

jsfrSE May 22, 2016 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by james dean (Post 26665941)
Nice the hear that at least ONCE it was fab...I usually stay away from the Beef because it's the crap on domestic, I was thinking MAYBE better on IB...wrong!!! Oh well its another "first world problem"...wine wine

I agree this is a first world problem, but I am still amazed when I fly JAL and ANA in J, where they achieve such perfection with their beef. Cooked at perfection, medium rare, tender and juicy.

capedreamer May 22, 2016 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by jsfrSE (Post 26666213)
I agree this is a first world problem, but I am still amazed when I fly JAL and ANA in J, where they achieve such perfection with their beef. Cooked at perfection, medium rare, tender and juicy.

J meals on NH (can't speak to JL since I haven't experienced) should not be mentioned in the same sentence as those on AC. The two aren't even close to being comparable. Sad but true.

Diabeetus May 22, 2016 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 26666153)
I hope you get the perfect dish. Enjoy!

As I noted way upthread, it was awesome on AC3, it was awful and not edible on AC15. Different aircraft, different ovens, different crew.

They have sablefish on AC882 YYZ-CPH!

Hopefully all the SE's in J won't deplete the supply.

24left May 22, 2016 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by jsfrSE (Post 26666213)

Originally Posted by capedreamer (Post 26666338)
J meals on NH (can't speak to JL since I haven't experienced) should not be mentioned in the same sentence as those on AC. The two aren't even close to being comparable. Sad but true.

And as I noted elsewhere and posted photos, also exquisite beef meals on all recent SQ, BR and AA international flights.

I believe somewhere upthread, I posted a photo of the last and only excellent beef meal on AC...in 2012.

It may indeed be FWPs, but I'm paying.

Jumper Jack May 23, 2016 12:50 am

Does anyone has a recent menu pic for PVG-YYZ in J? (AKA Summer Season Menu)
Would really appreciate it.

Diabeetus May 23, 2016 3:24 am

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 26666153)
I hope you get the perfect dish. Enjoy!

As I noted way upthread, it was awesome on AC3, it was awful and not edible on AC15. Different aircraft, different ovens, different crew.

I got my sablefish. It was delicious. The side items (chorizo, tomatoes, etc.) we're okay.

gcashin May 23, 2016 2:02 pm

AC ran out of champagne on AC10 this week NRT-YYC after the dinner service. :confused: Apparently they double-cater the wine on the outbound from Canada, so only had a couple bottles for our flight and ran out early in the flight. At least they still had some white/red wine, and the crew was fantastic.

Diabeetus May 25, 2016 1:05 pm

Fois Gros was served on CDG-YUL. I haven't had it in 10years. Any idea if it is route specific to CDG-YUL?

http://i.imgur.com/PEBD7CW.jpg

Jasper2009 May 25, 2016 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Diabeetus (Post 26680775)
Fois Gros was served on CDG-YUL. I haven't had it in 10years. Any idea if it is route specific to CDG-YUL?

Yes, only seved on CDG-YUL/YYZ afaik.

bakersdozen May 25, 2016 5:55 pm

787 Business Meal serving order.

So back in the day meal service always started at the back row of A and went forward and around in a U shape - ending at the back of the right side of the plane (starboard).

Are the 787 meal orders supposed to also follow this standard still? I have had mixed observations.

superangrypenguin May 25, 2016 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by bakersdozen (Post 26682042)
So back in the day meal service always started at the back row of A and went forward and around in a U shape - ending at the back of the right side of the plane (starboard).

Are the 787 meal orders supposed to also follow this standard still? I have had mixed observations.

Front to back.

gcashin May 25, 2016 8:37 pm

Ac9 yyc-nrt

5 Attachment(s)
Here's some pics of the menu and meal from a recent AC9 flight.

Comments:
  • Flavour on the prawn appetizer was nice; more interesting than many of the more plain options in the past :-:
  • Hawksworth Sablefish dish was great - chorizo added great flavour, and the crispy chickpeas added some nice texture ^ The presentation could have been a bit more refined.
  • My travel companion had the beef, which was overcooked to a hockey puck, as usual. :td: As a sidenote, we had beef the following day on a ~4 hour intra-Asia flight on Oz, and it was cooked perfectly and much better than AC's.
  • The bread was stale and hard :rolleyes:
  • Service was very friendly, but also quite slow (it was 90 mins after departure, and 85 mins after the seatbelt sign went off before they even served an appetizer). :(

bakersdozen May 25, 2016 9:32 pm

That may explain it. Left or right side first?

superangrypenguin May 25, 2016 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by bakersdozen (Post 26682818)
That may explain it. Left or right side first?

Same time.

BlueMilk May 26, 2016 8:43 am

Originally Posted by bakersdozen (Post 26682042)

787-8: Horseshoe pattern starting at 5A. One trolley.
787-9: Front to back with two trolleys-one for each aisle.

That's the service pattern. Taking orders may differ I guess.