Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

HELP - Advanced Passenger Info Button Not Working

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 1:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

As we know, prior to travel to the U.S. pax are required to complete the APIS page. It can either be accessed from the email confirmation or via Manage My Bookings. At the top of the page is the booking reference number and below, it automatically picks up name, DOB and gender, country of residence and nationality.

At the bottom of the page is the "Travel Document" section, with a field for Passport or Nexus. Below that, the Nexus # appears filled in.
The blue dot is defaulted to the Passport field. When you move it to the Nexus field and then click "Save Information", the blue dot would be saved in the Nexus field and the Nexus Expiration dates would appear below the Nexus number. The system would auto-respond with "The advance passenger information has been saved to your booking."

This worked perfectly until late August. Suddenly, when I made sure the blue button was in the Nexus field and click "Save", the blue button moved itself to the Passport field. As I keep screen shots of these pages for each trip (just in case), I can see the difference between the previous trips and the current ones.

The problem is now at check-in where the agent sees a message on screen "ALERT DOCUMENTS". This is because the system rejects my Nexus # under the Passport heading. Recently, one agent tried to override it, but it would not change.

I spoke with an AC agent in Montreal last week and a great agent today. The agents said they could see the problem after trying to save the info from their side and they both agreed that there is an IT problem. Both told me that they were submitting reports to IBM. One agent told me his lead know about it.

Can AC please expedite this matter. I may not be the only one and the last thing any of us need is an ALERT on our documents - especially when those of us with Nexus have already been cleared by 2 governments.

Thanks in advance.
traacs likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:11 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Hmm... perhaps that explains a few things. I personally don't notice any different behaviour (it always seemed to switch back to the Passport radio box when I saved, but still had my NEXUS details in place) on the website, but I have noticed that check-in agents re-ask me for my destination and details.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Today and since I first tried on Oct 5 adding my information to the API screen works but when clicking on wife's name it comes up with a error as follows , Tried Firefox Safari Chrome same result. Tried 2 different bookings with same results

Hmm. We €™re having trouble finding that site.
We can €™t connect to the server at acllywg01fb104-apis-prod-vip.aircanada.ca.
If that address is correct, here are three other things you can try:
Try again later.
Check your network connection.
If you are connected but behind a firewall, check that Firefox has permission to access the Web.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by traacs
Today and since I first tried on Oct 5 adding my information to the API screen works but when clicking on wife's name it comes up with a error as follows , Tried Firefox Safari Chrome same result. Tried 2 different bookings with same results

Hmm. We €™re having trouble finding that site.
We can €™t connect to the server at acllywg01fb104-apis-prod-vip.aircanada.ca.
If that address is correct, here are three other things you can try:
Try again later.
Check your network connection.
If you are connected but behind a firewall, check that Firefox has permission to access the Web.
I have had the same issue for a while (more than a few weeks) when clicking on the second pax in the booking. I tried 3 different browsers (in regular and incognito mode), the AC app) but nothing worked. I had to call in. It's just not a good use of everyone's time when you have to call in for something like this. Maybe it will get fixed one day.
traacs likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Week 4 still not working can ad passenger 1 but errors out with passenger 2 tried different bookings where passenger 1 and 2 are reversed

Old Oct 17, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Honestly, I've never been able to add information on their APIS page. For me, the APIS site just throws an error. Not even showing information such as name, DOB, etc.

I've just given up.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by traacs
Week 4 still not working can ad passenger 1 but errors out with passenger 2 tried different bookings where passenger 1 and 2 are reversed

Still no fix indeed.
If you have a segment on another *A carrier and have the PNR for that airline, I'm usually successful at entering the APIS information for both pax by managing my booking on the other *A carrier website. Clearly an AC interface/platform/system problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.