Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Reward Ticket - Cancellation of TG flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Elite 75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold

My wife (on First) and 2 children (on J) are travelling on TG 923 (FRA-BKK) in mid Dec on Aeroplan reward tickets. This is one segment of their mini RTW reward tickets issued by Aeroplan on *A.

I recently heard that TG is cancelling their FRA-BKK flt 923 from Dec.

What are my options if they cancel this flight? Will Aeroplan or TG guarantee them 3 equivalent seats on other TG or *A flights leaving Europe on the same day? Whose responsibility is it - Aeroplan or TG?

Appreciate guidance from this knowledgeable forum.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:02 pm

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
http://airlineroute.net/2014/08/21/tg-fra-dec14update2/

Update at 0420GMT 21AUG14

THAI earlier this week has re-opened reservations for TG922/923 Bangkok – Frankfurt service, for travel on/after 01DEC14. Previously the airline closed reservation for this A340-600 6 weekly service however this was re-opened approximately on 19AUG14.

Therefore, it appears that the airline will continue to 13 weekly flights on/after 01DEC14.

TG922 BKK1315 – 1905FRA 346 x3
TG920 BKK2340 – 0530+1FRA 380 D

TG921 FRA1410 – 0620+1BKK 380 D
TG923 FRA2055 – 1305+1BKK 346 x3

Planned Bangkok – Dusseldorf operations remains unavailable in the GDS, although the schedule is still being displayed in the OAG. Note the airline has yet to publish new schedule on/after 26OCT14, therefore further changes remain highly possible.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by LoveSQ
My wife (on First) and 2 children (on J) are travelling on TG 923 (FRA-BKK) in mid Dec on Aeroplan reward tickets. This is one segment of their mini RTW reward tickets issued by Aeroplan on *A.

I recently heard that TG is cancelling their FRA-BKK flt 923 from Dec.

What are my options if they cancel this flight? Will Aeroplan or TG guarantee them 3 equivalent seats on other TG or *A flights leaving Europe on the same day? Whose responsibility is it - Aeroplan or TG?

Appreciate guidance from this knowledgeable forum.
If your flight is cancelled, it's aeroplan's responsibility. they'd first try to put you on whatever flight is available with award space but likely they'd try to get thai to open up seats on their other daily flight from fra.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:10 am

Programs: Free Agent
check, check and check any changes from Thai- I have had them assign flights that have the first leg leaving 18+ hours after the next flight... read up in the Thai thread. AE can only help if they know Thai has messed up.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iamaho
http://airlineroute.net/2014/08/21/tg-fra-dec14update2/

Update at 0420GMT 21AUG14

THAI earlier this week has re-opened reservations for TG922/923 Bangkok – Frankfurt service, for travel on/after 01DEC14. Previously the airline closed reservation for this A340-600 6 weekly service however this was re-opened approximately on 19AUG14.

Therefore, it appears that the airline will continue to 13 weekly flights on/after 01DEC14.

TG922 BKK1315 – 1905FRA 346 x3
TG920 BKK2340 – 0530+1FRA 380 D

TG921 FRA1410 – 0620+1BKK 380 D
TG923 FRA2055 – 1305+1BKK 346 x3

Planned Bangkok – Dusseldorf operations remains unavailable in the GDS, although the schedule is still being displayed in the OAG. Note the airline has yet to publish new schedule on/after 26OCT14, therefore further changes remain highly possible.

Thank you and hope they don't cancell this flight!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yerffej201
If your flight is cancelled, it's aeroplan's responsibility. they'd first try to put you on whatever flight is available with award space but likely they'd try to get thai to open up seats on their other daily flight from fra.

Thank you. Should I call Aeroplan now and asking them to rebook my family on another flight with TG? Checked their website, but there is zero availability of First seats and limited availability of J seats on their day of travel (FRA-Moscow-BKK only). Is Aeroplan obliged to honour the previous booking class and can they really make TG open up F seat on the 380 flt?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canolakid
check, check and check any changes from Thai- I have had them assign flights that have the first leg leaving 18+ hours after the next flight... read up in the Thai thread. AE can only help if they know Thai has messed up.
Thanks. Just hoping they dont cancel flt 923. If that happens it will be unnecessarily stressful for my children if they have to make one or more stopovers to reach BKK. Plus will Aeroplan honour the previous booking class and can they really make TG open up 1 F seat and 2 J seats on the 380 flt?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
... Checked their website, but there is zero availability of First seats and limited availability of J seats on their day of travel (FRA-Moscow-BKK only). Is Aeroplan obliged to honour the previous booking class and can they really make TG open up F seat on the 380 flt?
I do not believe Aeroplan is "obliged" to find similar award seats for you if they are not available on TG. While they may ask TG to make premium seats available, I don't believe they can force TG to do this.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
I do not believe Aeroplan is "obliged" to find similar award seats for you if they are not available on TG. While they may ask TG to make premium seats available, I don't believe they can force TG to do this.
Correct. AP can either rebook into available award space or ask TG to open space if it is not. But, AP cannot force TG to do anything and you should presume that TG will not open 3 premium seats on one flight for another carrier's elites.

AP will also work with you to rebook onto other *A routings and can ask other *A carriers to open award space. Still a tough shot.

Lastly, AP can cancel and refund the tickets.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 9:30 pm

My TG flight in First Class from FRA > BKK was cancelled when I called AP they sent TG a message requesting space on LHR > BKK. The next day I got a call from AP saying TG had opened up a First Class seat for me.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:30 am

Thank you. Should I call Aeroplan now and asking them to rebook my family on another flight with TG? Checked their website, but there is zero availability of First seats and limited availability of J seats on their day of travel (FRA-Moscow-BKK only). Is Aeroplan obliged to honour the previous booking class and can they really make TG open up F seat on the 380 flt?
certainly call and ask to see what they can do, but i think the most a regular agent is empowered to do is to check for whatever is available. if there isn't then you can ask ap to contact an alliance liaison to see what tg can open up.
aeroplan is obliged to honour the booking class, but since ac doesn't fly the route, they have no other option and they will not move you into a paid fc bucket on another flight. if you aren't okay with the schedule change then you'd get a free cancel. but as per another poster it'll be likely tg will move you onto their other daily because of their cancellation.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:20 am

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
Can't AP buy a seat in F for them?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by imverge
My TG flight in First Class from FRA > BKK was cancelled when I called AP they sent TG a message requesting space on LHR > BKK. The next day I got a call from AP saying TG had opened up a First Class seat for me.

You were lucky. In our case we need 1 F and 2 J seats, which might be tougher for TG to accomodate
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yerffej201
certainly call and ask to see what they can do, but i think the most a regular agent is empowered to do is to check for whatever is available. if there isn't then you can ask ap to contact an alliance liaison to see what tg can open up.
aeroplan is obliged to honour the booking class, but since ac doesn't fly the route, they have no other option and they will not move you into a paid fc bucket on another flight. if you aren't okay with the schedule change then you'd get a free cancel. but as per another poster it'll be likely tg will move you onto their other daily because of their cancellation.

Thanks. Cancelling is not an option at this point as the hotels are booked in 3 locations in Asia and we are all looking forward to our usual 4 weeks off in Dec / Jan.
Keeping my fingers crossed that they dont cancel or they are able to accomodate us all on the 380.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO

Thanks. As I have expressed to the other members of this forum, I am keeping my fingers crossed that they dont cancel or they are able to accomodate us all on the 380.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.