Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

R class not eligible for mileage...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE

Just got an email from Aeroplan to tell me that my requested missing milage from July 27 can't be credited because "miles cannot be credited for the booking class flown".

Booked in Flex G, upgraded R, YYC-YYZ-DCA. Also the miles 2170 miles that take me over the 50k threshold. Just venting here prior to spending an afternoon of phone tag between AC and AE...
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: Recovering long-time AC SE100K (currently E50K), Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Could you clarify? Are they claiming you won't get credit for the miles entitled under the Flex fare because you were upgraded into R space? That's just wrong. If they are denying you the class-of-service bonus, that's appropriate.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Denying all miles.

Just got off the phone and according to the AE agent "I see it happen all the time when people upgrade; I can't give you the credit but will send it back to the crediting dept to look at again"
Old Aug 18, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: Recovering long-time AC SE100K (currently E50K), Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle

Best of luck!
Old Aug 18, 2014, 2:17 pm
YYZ

Programs: AC*E
I just got that message as well for my July 27th flight. Booked W class, and they are saying my upgraded R is not eligible for any miles.

Sent an email... hope it can get resolved?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
I got upgraded twice last week and n both cases my miles have posted.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: AC SE*2MM, HH Gold, Marriott Plat Life, Starwood Gold
Just received exactly the same email here for my July 27th flights. I was booked in G and upgraded R.

I called SE desk, and they told me to contact Air Canada under the "Contact Us" link on the AC website, as they couldn't do anything. Since I couldn't find anything related to mileage credits on AC.com, I forwarded the email to the SE email address, along with scanned boarding passes and itinerary. Will post if any luck.

I think July 27th was a bad IT day...
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Either that or they have a new employee doing the milage / email now and they haven't been correctly trained.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Either that or they have a new employee doing the milage / email now and they haven't been correctly trained.
You mean, they did correctly train him.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: AC SE*2MM, HH Gold, Marriott Plat Life, Starwood Gold
Ugh, just read that SE email address hasn't been working... would anyone know where else to contact AC about this?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Might be a July 27 thing, as my return on the 31 was also upgraded and credited with no issues. I called the aeroplan number and was immediately connected to a real person, who immediately realized that it was wrong, but could only push it back to the crediting dept and couldn't tell me when it might be resolved.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:02 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
This does happen occasionally during the summer when eUpgrades are involved; AC can't help you, only AE can - unless you want the blame game.

I've found the best resolution is to submit your issues to [email protected] - it may take 4-8 weeks, but that's standard in these scenarios.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:49 pm
YYZ

Programs: AC*E
I sent an email to the Aeroplan documents email address. However, also called Air Canada and spoke with a helpful agent who told me to go to the Air Canada website contact us link, go to the ticket receipts section, and request the original receipt that shows original fare class, they will email to me within 24 hours or so, and then I should send to Aeroplan documents.

The problem is the Aeroplan agent I spoke with said they couldn't see original fare class and only the R fare class which is 'ineligible for points'. The Aeroplan agent said only the AC agent could see the original fare class.

The Air Canada agent I spoke with on the other hand, could see the original fare class right away.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Odd stuff here..

Surely aeroplan is normally able to credit based upon original fare? They can distinguish between Flex+upgrade and Latitude+upgrde...

And R is an upgrade booking code, starting from an original booking code that always qualifies for at least 100%...

Sounds like incompetence more than anything else?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 7:06 pm

Programs: aeroplan 50K
I upgraded twice last week. The miles were posted in the usual way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.