Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

"Aeroplan miles are credited according to the fare purchased."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:41 am
Original Poster

I cancelled an AC flight and had a credit on file.

I used that credit to book a return flight from YVR-YYC in P class. The credit covered the new flight and I only paid the change fee.

I received 25% AQM (125mi) for each segment, but expected to receive 150% AQM (approx. 750mi) for each segment.

I sent a mileage request to Aeroplan and they replied with:
Thank you for contacting Customer Relations.

Aeroplan miles are credited according to the fare purchased. Even though you had a Busines Class seat, the Business Class fare was not paid. The mileage was credited correctly.
Does that make sense? Isn't my flight credit a form of payment?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by fillalph
I cancelled an AC flight and had a credit on file.

I used that credit to book a return flight from YVR-YYC in P class. The credit covered the new flight and I only paid the change fee.

I received 25% AQM (125mi) for each segment, but expected to receive 150% AQM (approx. 750mi) for each segment.

I sent a mileage request to Aeroplan and they replied with:

Does that make sense? Isn't my flight credit a form of payment?
What does it say on the Altitude website under "my recent altitude activity" - does it show a P fare there with only 125miles? Or does it show an S fare - there were some problems back in July....
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:02 am
Original Poster

On the Altitude website, the flights are shown as A class.

The cancelled flights were booked for travel in Sep 2013 in Q and U class (YVR-YEG-YYM/YYM-YYC-YVR).

The itinerary/receipt for my new flights (Jun 2014) show booking class P. I included the itinerary in my mileage request letter along with my boarding passes.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:22 am
Flying Blue Director

Can you send me the itin/PNR/ticket number? I'll follow up.

P class is now a J fare, but it used to be Tango. Depending on when you booked, you could have purchased a P fare and been rebooked into another Tango fare when P was moved to Business Class.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Thank you Ben. As I said in the PM, I wasn't expecting a response from AC on FT. I would have followed up myself. I just wanted to know whether I should have expected 125mi or 750mi. I didn't want to ask something I wasn't entitled to.

Thank you Ben for looking into this matter.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by fillalph
Thank you Ben. As I said in the PM, I wasn't expecting a response from AC on FT. I would have followed up myself. I just wanted to know whether I should have expected 125mi or 750mi. I didn't want to ask something I wasn't entitled to.

Thank you Ben for looking into this matter.
Because your flight posted as an A fare you only got 25% instead of the 125% miles you should have, similar problem others have been having (for myself Z fare posting as S fare).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.