Search

Question: AC 15/16 route?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 6:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by Stranger
That's better.

Of course, only good until Russia closes their air space in retaliation to sanctions, which Harper seems fond of. Seems he misses the cold war big time.
wow did Canada invade the Ukraine?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:27 pm

this thread went of the rails pretty fast...
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hearna
this thread went of the rails pretty fast...
Anything else left anyway?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
I flew HKG->YYZ on Monday, and we went a long way south ... we flew south/east of Japan, south of all of Alaska, we flew directly over Edmonton, and into YYZ from there. I've taken similar southerly routings before from PVG & PEK.

What seems odd to me is that if the most direct flight is over the pole (and my outbound went right over DEVID) but the best routing is generally much further south (presumably due to the winds) ... why don't the flights into China ever seem to take an equivalently southerly routing?

I know that any specific flight will be impacted by weather - but I don't think I've *ever* seen a flight from YYZ->China go south/east of Greenland, or anywhere close to that routing. It always seems that flying to China goes much further north ...

Has anyone been on a flight into China, that went reasonably far south?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.