Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are the chances......

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2002, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

What are the chances......

Let's play the Mega-Upgrade Lotto. I am booked in bizo on a flight back to Toronto next week and my boss, bless him, is in Economy flying home on a B class ticket.

What do you think the chances are of getting him upgraded with my humble Elite status knowing that

a) the flight is sold out and is normally over booked on long weekends.
b) the fare class is one below the required Y class.
c) there are 15 seats available.

Old Aug 20, 2002, 2:53 pm
ALW

And when we're done with that, let's figure the chances that yyz-kin will end up in the back, and his boss in yyz-kin's J seat!

andrew
Old Aug 20, 2002, 4:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Possible -- might be useful to have his itinerary linked to yours so that your status will apply to both.
Old Aug 20, 2002, 11:40 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

How about play it safe by upgrading his ticket to a 'Y' (since the difference between 'B' and 'Y' is minimal on this route) and then upgrade him 3 days in advance?
Old Aug 21, 2002, 6:48 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Empress:
How about play it safe by upgrading his ticket to a 'Y' (since the difference between 'B' and 'Y' is minimal on this route) and then upgrade him 3 days in advance?</font>
This is a reasonable idea - can it be done over the phone? How much do you reckon it will be?
Old Aug 21, 2002, 7:52 am
ALW

And do you think they would commit to the upgrade before charging for the up-? (upfare?)? Or would they sell him the Y fare than say there was no confirmable upgrade space?

andrew
Old Aug 21, 2002, 8:02 am
Original Member

Location: New York - DL Gold, AA Gold, AC Prestige, VS Silver
&lt;Edited to remove bad advice&gt;

[This message has been edited by megamiles (edited 08-21-2002).]
Old Aug 21, 2002, 8:23 am
Suspended

Check there is C on itn and then call and buy the Y and instantly UG. Do it all at 3 days out. I have done this for England a couple of times. No point in doing it earlier than when you can UG. Be prepared for a discussion about change fees as well as the extra fare cost
Old Aug 21, 2002, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Andrew Webber:
And do you think they would commit to the upgrade before charging for the up-? (upfare?)? Or would they sell him the Y fare than say there was no confirmable upgrade space?
andrew
</font>
I would not put this past them.....

Now Bizo is showing up as sold out as well. I wonder how many seats this flight has been overbooked by. Best get to the airport early!
Old Aug 21, 2002, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lmartin999:
Be prepared for a discussion about change fees as well as the extra fare cost </font>
I have had this in the past and I guess it will be a 50-50 as to wether or not they will apply the change fee. Nothing like spending money to spend more money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.