Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Call in to request EUpgrade or Split Booking Ref?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist

I have Aeroplan E35K status and want to upgrade 2 passengers on an upcoming YYZ-YYC trip with 4 passengers on the PNR. Right now (before the 4 day booking window) the eupgrade website says
You may request an upgrade for only one eUpgrade Travel Companion who is not registered in your list of eUpgrade Nominees. All other upgrade requests must be for registered nominees.

You may update your eUpgrade Nominees provided you have not already reached your maximum number of nominees.

If you do not wish to upgrade all the passengers on your booking, you will need to contact the party with whom you originally booked your travel.
I am assuming that this means once I am within the window I still won't be able to upgrade 2 of the 4 pax online. So do I call aeroplan/air canada to request the upgrade for 2/4 pax once I am within the window or do I call now and ask the PNR to be split?

Thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:45 pm

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
I have Aeroplan E35K status and want to upgrade 2 passengers on an upcoming YYZ-YYC trip with 4 passengers on the PNR. Right now (before the 4 day booking window) the eupgrade website says

I am assuming that this means once I am within the window I still won't be able to upgrade 2 of the 4 pax online. So do I call aeroplan/air canada to request the upgrade for 2/4 pax once I am within the window or do I call now and ask the PNR to be split?

Thanks!
You will have to have the PNR split. You cannot have some upgraded pax and non upgraded pax on the same PNR.

YYZ-YYC is an SE heavy route and you might have trouble with the upgrade. Good luck!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:46 pm

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
And I believe it is a 14 day window this summer for everyone.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Thanks! Can I call Aeroplan to do this or does it have to be Air Canada reservations?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott LT PE, NEXUS/GE

I think the upgrade window is only double what it usually is based on status. So 14 days would only apply to an SE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.