Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

why do we hate Air Canada's service?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

why do we hate Air Canada's service?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by drvannostren
The alternative would be what UA does which is like, Global Services and (whatever their SE 100 is) are group 1, then me as *G AC 50k is usually in Group 2.

They could very easily say "SE 100k preboarding" and I think we'd find lots of flights have no one take advantage of that anyway so it wouldn't really slow down the process.
They could also look at the manifest to see how many people there are who would qualify.

I was once at a UA gate, and heard "We would now like to extend boarding to our Global Services member, Jane Doe. *5 seconds go by* Jane Doe, are you here?"

I'm not sure AC should take it quite THAT far, but with their planned boarding zones, I think it will get better.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
This is a very leading question.

Put me on the list of people who have no issues with Air Canada's service, except on the rare occasion.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
I don't hate it or love it. It is slightly better than adequate most of the time. Inadequate less often than most other NA carriers. Struggling to catch up against various international airlines.

It's okay. It gets me there. I rarely leave over or underwhelmed.

Last week I flew segments on AC, BA and OS. I'm very impressed with Austrian business class.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Badenoch
Last week I flew segments on AC, BA and OS. I'm very impressed with Austrian business class.
With 777s being configured with the same J seat and layout as AC's 777HDs?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Who could hate those delicious buttery pretzels?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: E50K, *Gold, WS Gold,VIA Premier, VIPorter
Originally Posted by CMK10
Who could hate those delicious buttery pretzels?
I had 8 the other day :P And when I was being rebooked at Customer Service YYZ Domestic, all 3 agents were eating them too !
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:52 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott LTPP, Avis +
service on AC is a lot better than others I've flown.

I've had a United person close the gate door on me, i see ppl still boarding from the jetway but that I'm "too late" and it was the last flight of the day then i got redirected to ORD customer service (i think it was terminal B - big central one) with employee desk doing nothing and being told I had to wait my turn because they were using a number ticket system based on priority. And my number wasn't up until 45min later.

And US airways changing the plane to a smaller one on us and closing the gate 15 min early and ppl at the gate telling everyone that they had the right to do that and there's nothing we could do about it.

AC is a lot better than that. Actually, even Delta is a lot better than that So i don't hate AC. I hate Aeroplan tho
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
AC= Airline Confused

AC can be a good airline in terms of customer service and being consistent but it seems that the people that are employed have become jaded and do not believe in customer service. So in order for improving the quality of food offerings(if any food is provided) and customer service, the culture of the airline and the attitude of the employees has to evolve.

If CX and SQ can do it, I see no reason why AC can't.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
If CX and SQ can do it, I see no reason why AC can't.
A lot of it probably has to do with Canadian labour laws, vs. Singapore Airlines where staff on 5 year contracts want to do their best in order to have their contract renewed.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by winnipegrev
A lot of it probably has to do with Canadian labour laws, vs. Singapore Airlines where staff on 5 year contracts want to do their best in order to have their contract renewed.
Right. Slave labor would be so much nicer.

What are all these complaints about the end of the slave, uh, I mean temporary workers program is telling you? The sky is falling, the sky is falling...
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:15 pm

Programs: aeroplan,aaadvantage
Mediocre?

On a world scale Ac is way better than mediocre. Their executive class is better than first class in

Air china
Turkish
Any American carrier

I have flown all o the above twice.

Lets be serious here

Do you want to fly ac to sydney executive first for 100000 points or any other business class.

No comparison, they are so superior any comparison is a joke.

Take away the scam charges and dollar for dollar there is no other plan in the world that competes.

Try booking a mini rtw with one world orbwhateever delay is called

Compare that to ac and aeroplan

I can do a mini rtw ac j class with ease try anywhere else.

Is ac perfect

Course not. Is there a better program?

No No No
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
While I don't fly AC as much as I used to I have found the service fine lately. In fact on my last YYZ-FRA trip I had the same crew in both directions and they were excellent.^

I loathe Aeroplan but since I no longer collect AE miles I don't look at AC and Aeroplan being the same any more so I just enjoy my flights on AC in the cabin I pay for with any benefits I get from being *G just being a plus.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
Right. Slave labor would be so much nicer.

What are all these complaints about the end of the slave, uh, I mean temporary workers program is telling you? The sky is falling, the sky is falling...
Perhaps you misunderstand my position or I am missing your sarcasm... I'm for the 'western', 'civilized' way of holding some sort of job security. Unfortunately job security can lead to employees not going above the minimum, for better or worse. I don't wish them out of a job either.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:00 am

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by 172pilot
For #7 I wish people would stop blaming AC when they're too cheap to pay for pre-assigned seats. If you buy Tango and don't pay then you get what you paid for. If having the family together is important/urgent then PAY FOR IT.
AC punishing family travelling together on ONE ticket! Come on! A seat is a seat, not extra revenue premium seats. It is people's AFTER TAX money.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by anotheran2
service on AC is a lot better than others I've flown.
And as someone who has flown 90 airlines (not including regionals) from all corners of the world in the last 7 years, AC is a lot worse than most of them.

If I was to personally rank AC, they'd probably be somewhere in the middle at their best, in my bottom 20 at their worst times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.