Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Welcome to dExclusives

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I am also Canadian. And I am classified as a non-resident of the United States. There's a lot of stuff down there I can't do

And yet when Air Canada runs contests, they're often open to much wider audiences. I had no issues participating in Earn Your Wings.

It's not like Aeroplan is a store that exists in Canada where you have to be physically present to enter (like your theme park example). Then there's a good reason to believe most of your customers will be Canadian residents.

I earn over 200k miles per year as a customer of Air Canada (just counting the flight miles and SE bonus), and they sure don't mind where I live.
Originally Posted by tireman77
I would assume that the bidding process might involve some different rules/laws, but that's just a guess. Maybe you can ask them. I got a very quick reply from them yesterday. Impressive.
My point is that various kinds of contests fall under different laws pertaining to gambling and the like, and sometimes it would be possible, but just too much trouble for the company to administer. I seem to recall consumer product contests not open to residents of Québec for that reason (but can't recall the specific contests).
Old May 28, 2014, 12:14 pm

Thought I would pass this along to the FT community:

To celebrate the launch of dExclusives, Aeroplan and I are giving away 5,000 miles on the Rewards Canada blog when you comment on which auction you would choose to bid on and/or which you would like to see in the future. Best of luck to those of you who choose to enter! Since I can't enter myself I 'll out my answer here: Personally I'd love to go for the World Cup one but it is only for two people, so my suggestion to Aeroplan is to also offer some 'family' type auctions in the future that would be for four or five people (seeing that the trend nowadays is to have three kids )

http://blog.rewardscanada.ca/2014/05...s-rewards.html
Old Jun 17, 2014, 2:23 pm

So the World Cup package went for 1.6 million miles...

http://dexclusives.aeroplan.com/iSyn...ctionId=197466

I was interested to see there were only 30 bidders... I guess when the bidding reaches 500,000 in the first 12 hours it really separates the men (or women) from the boys...
Old Jun 17, 2014, 9:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I placed a bid on that one

I didn't win though
Old Jun 18, 2014, 5:57 am

Wow that's insane….
Old Jun 18, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Wow that's insane….
No it's not. It's all relative.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Wow that's insane….
This dExclusives experience for two includes:
• 2 roundtrip Business Class flights from anywhere in Canada to Brazil
• 5 nights' accommodation at the Hotel Atlantico Business Centro in Rio de Janeiro
• 4 nights' accommodation at the Novotel São Paulo Jaragua in São Paulo
• Daily continental breakfast at your hotels
• Guided Tour of São Paulo
• Guided Tour of Rio de Janeiro, including tour of Sugar Loaf mountain
• Private Hotel transfers to/from the airport and to/from the soccer matches
• Top category tickets to the Semi Finals in São Paulo
• Top category tickets to the Finals in Rio de Janeiro

There is value in this experience......
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:06 am

Welcome to dExclusives

Better than a brand new toaster

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.