Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
For those intending to post in this thread...
To help provide up-to-date context, if you are posting about your wait time(s), please include the following information (in the example) to the best of your ability:

Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Here's a good sample point, for once

Date and Time of Call-In: January 25, 2024, 14:35 Eastern
Elite Status Input: E75K
Department: Award/Errorplan
Hold Time: 4 Mins
Call Centre: Montreal

Comments: 15 Minutes to change a Priority Reward booking (Unflown), Beta Site wouldn't process changes.

As of July 2022, AC has established a special line for those dealing with delayed or cancelled flights: 1.888.440.5641

Please use this number only for problems on the day of travel.

Print Wikipost

Long Call Centre Wait Times

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:13 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
As a newly anointed high flying incredibly important P25k I have called twice and used the call back feature.
1st time the system which was perfect as it gave me time to run an errand. They called back within about 15 mins which screwed with my plans, damn their efficiency.
2nd time was today and call back was much sooner than told.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:32 pm

Phoned SE line mid-day today and got put through immediately. Maybe things are slowly coming around finally?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 7:46 pm

Aeroplan double charged me the fee for cancelling a booking. I've tried calling many times but can't even be put on hold. Is there another way to contact them (e-mail?)
Old Feb 5, 2020, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
The fee is per passenger, not per booking, in case that explains it.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
The fee is per passenger, not per booking, in case that explains it.
Thanks for your reply. I am the only one on the booking.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:44 am

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
No status with star, first booking ive made directly with AC. Was given an unwanted change from a nice ~1 hour connection time to a ~9 hour connection, and booking is now frozen.
Phone number from Sweden is not even usable unless you have a land line. So Skype it is.
30 minutes estimated. So far 1 hour 15 minutes in...
Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:51 am

Programs: DL Plat
Tried booking JFK > TPE > HAN but unable to complete online (can't even figure out what the miles would be in J but assume 77.5K) due to usual error message.

Called the US # and waited for 3.25 hours before hanging up and heading to bed. Might just transfer AXP MR to Lifemiles (versus AP) to get this booking done.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by travel_geek
Aeroplan double charged me the fee for cancelling a booking. I've tried calling many times but can't even be put on hold. Is there another way to contact them (e-mail?)
Do a charge back through your credit card. They'll get the message.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 12:57 pm

Sigh.
In the last 3 weeks, I’ve spent 7 times tying to get through for over an hour and a half. Longest was 1:51, but then was cut off. Just tried for almost an hour now and was cut off at the 56 min mark.
Called back and got the “can’t put you on hold” message, for the 12th time.
Just don’t know what to do at this point.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BeachShan
Sigh.
In the last 3 weeks, I’ve spent 7 times tying to get through for over an hour and a half. Longest was 1:51, but then was cut off. Just tried for almost an hour now and was cut off at the 56 min mark.
Called back and got the “can’t put you on hold” message, for the 12th time.
Just don’t know what to do at this point.
What are you trying to do? Can you do it at the airport?
Old Feb 7, 2020, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
What are you trying to do? Can you do it at the airport?
Honestly, it’s not an emergency.
I just have a Business Class mixed reward ticket, with all but one (short) leg in economy. I saw the inventory became available, for 2 of the other 4 legs, and followed advice to try to call to change to Business.
I can try at the airport, but my departing airport is I; the Caribbean and are contractors (or sub) and don’t work for the airline. I’m not just they’d know how to do it.
as I say, no emergency, im just being a princess because it’s quite a long journey.
I’m used to being able to talk to humans on the phone, or at the very least via email.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 1:57 pm

Hello all,

I gave up calling Aeroplan a month ago as travel wasn't imminent, I figured by now they'd have figured anything out, but I see that is not the case from my call today.

So, can you add an infant to a rewards booking at the airport, or do you have to do it on the phone?

As an aside, this is the literally the worst customer service I've ever seen in my life, it makes Ryanair look like Singapore first class. Everyone from the CEO on down should quit, if they had any shame.
leoo likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 2:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BeachShan
Honestly, it’s not an emergency.
I just have a Business Class mixed reward ticket, with all but one (short) leg in economy. I saw the inventory became available, for 2 of the other 4 legs, and followed advice to try to call to change to Business.
I can try at the airport, but my departing airport is I; the Caribbean and are contractors (or sub) and don’t work for the airline. I’m not just they’d know how to do it.
as I say, no emergency, im just being a princess because it’s quite a long journey.
I’m used to being able to talk to humans on the phone, or at the very least via email.
Try Tweeting Aeroplan. That's a relatively simple ticket change that doesn't involve a fee, and likely doesn't involve any tax change.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 3:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
I'm on AC YQB/YYZ tomorrow but I am stuck in Edmundston tonight due to snow and road closures and want to see if I can get on a later flight. "We're not taking calls now" and I can't do anything online because it's just error messages if I try to check in, and there doesn't seem to be any option to change due to weather, although the app and website both helpfully offer to call reservations /eyeroll

Apparently their system can't deal with trips booked through corporate travel systems like Concur. So I hope the roads are open early tomorrow for that 3+ hour drive (on a good day with no weather, even) to YQB.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 6:06 pm

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Originally Posted by born sleepy
. So I hope the roads are open early tomorrow for that 3+ hour drive (on a good day with no weather, even) to YQB.
Highway 20 should reopen late tonight or very early tomorrow morning. Snow has stopped in YQB. Decent storm!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.