Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
For those intending to post in this thread...
To help provide up-to-date context, if you are posting about your wait time(s), please include the following information (in the example) to the best of your ability:

Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Here's a good sample point, for once

Date and Time of Call-In: January 25, 2024, 14:35 Eastern
Elite Status Input: E75K
Department: Award/Errorplan
Hold Time: 4 Mins
Call Centre: Montreal

Comments: 15 Minutes to change a Priority Reward booking (Unflown), Beta Site wouldn't process changes.

As of July 2022, AC has established a special line for those dealing with delayed or cancelled flights: 1.888.440.5641

Please use this number only for problems on the day of travel.

Print Wikipost

Long Call Centre Wait Times

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2020, 11:31 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by iceblueshoes
While I'd be ok with that, I just booked a flight and the system combined my middle names into 1 instead of 2. I know that unless if this gets fixed now (24hr grace period), they're almost certainly going to try and charge me later on.
No they won't and it doesn't matter if your given names are squishedtogetherlikethis

Last edited by ABG; Jan 12, 2020 at 11:55 am
Old Jan 12, 2020, 11:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Originally Posted by ABG
No they won't and it doesn't matter if your given names as squishedtogetherlikethis
Really?
Sounds too good to be true.
I'm still on hold... 35mins and counting...
Old Jan 12, 2020, 11:55 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by Symmetre
Um ... it rained yesterday in Toronto. But that's about it.
I transited through YYZ yesterday. It rained in a day about as much as it rains in a month, causing delays and cancellations in YYZ, and in YOW and YUL that turned to freezing rain, ice pellets and snow, causing more delays and cancellations that are still ongoing.

Yesterday there was a travel waiver for YYZ, YTZ, YUL, YOW, YQB, YQM, YSJ, YFC, ZBF, YBG, YGP, YGK & YGR. Today there is a travel waiver for YYZ, YTZ, YUL, YOW, YQB, YBG, YGP, YGR, YGK, YYG, YQM, YSJ, YFC, ZBF & YHZ. If you don't think that qualifies as IRROPs that would affect Air Canada's call volume I don't know what to tell you.
Twickenham likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 11:57 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Really?
It won't matter, save yourself the time on the phone.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 12:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
It won't matter, save yourself the time on the phone.
thanks.
It's 75mins and nothing...
I have patience but only so much.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 7:40 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
I transited through YYZ yesterday. It rained in a day about as much as it rains in a month ...
Funny enough I didn't just transit through YYZ yesterday ... I lived in it ... as I have for the past 25 years ... and while it was a rainy day, it wasn't exactly the downpour of biblical proportions that the Weather Network anticipated ... or anywhere near what anyone who lives here would call more than a particularly moist Saturday. A month's worth of precipitation in a single day? Please ... we had several equally wet or much wetter days throughout the past spring and summer. It wasn't a big deal.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I was in Toronto yesterday (downtown and other parts) and can confirm what Symmetre says above... yes, it was raining consistently (at the worst it wasn't even a hard downpour) most of the day, but nothing calamitous that the news was spitting out for days leading up...

However, I won't comment/opine on whether that could/would affect YYZ ops.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:10 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
AC don't need any more excuses for their horrible OTP
Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:15 am

Really?
Really. I have that all the time. Itisnormalprocedure.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 6:04 am

Today there is a travel waiver for YYZ
I transited through YYZ yesterday, how does one find out about travel waivers? My flight's arrival was just over 3 hours, and while their texts, emails, and app notifications all showed different reasons, I'm wondering whether that waiver gives them a get out of jail free card?

Weather at the inbound plane's departure airport was fine, as it was in Toronto at 5pm (original scheduled departure time), and had been for many many hours. Do they just get a whole day when there's a waiver? Should I bother trying to get anything out of them?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 6:20 am

Programs: Altitude E75K , Gold Marriott
Compared with other companies that I solicit business from, AC is dropping the ball on the customer service side. Priority calls as an E35k shouldn't take 30-60 mins. I've heard of other non status customers waiting up to 2 and a half hours, which is insane. The Amadeus glitches don't help either, 30 days for them to fix eupgrades discrepancies as an example. Customers expect better in this day and age.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Same message this morning.

Does anyone know if I can just do UM service on the morning of the flight?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:08 am

Programs: AC 35k
Originally Posted by FreedomIsntFree
Compared with other companies that I solicit business from, AC is dropping the ball on the customer service side. Priority calls as an E35k shouldn't take 30-60 mins. I've heard of other non status customers waiting up to 2 and a half hours, which is insane. The Amadeus glitches don't help either, 30 days for them to fix eupgrades discrepancies as an example. Customers expect better in this day and age.
Easy fix. Vote with your wallet and avoid AC altogether until they can get their S**T together.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:21 am

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
Easy fix. Vote with your wallet and avoid AC altogether until they can get their S**T together.
Easy to say, but the status rewards programs keeps the co-dependancy intact, that's one reason why airlines have 'em.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by james dean
Easy to say, but the status rewards programs keeps the co-dependancy intact, that's one reason why airlines have 'em.
I dont think it was said to ditch status/rewards program. I think it was implied one should fly an airline with a functioning call center and a better than 55% OTP.......

Originally Posted by FreedomIsntFree
. Customers expect better in this day and age.
Clearly they dont. Profits are high, planes are full.

There is zero customer service, only half the time flights are on time, and zero recovery options as a result of that 55% OTP.
Symmetre and james dean like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.