Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Stopovers on Aeroplan Tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Stopovers on Aeroplan Tickets?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2014, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite, LH FTL
Stopovers on Aeroplan Tickets?

Please pardon my ignorance, but I have been unable to find an answer to this question here yet:

My wife is an Aeroplan member and we are thinking about redeeming points for a flight from Khartoum to Toronto via Cairo on Egyptair. Online, we can see some availability for the dates we are looking for, but the engine does not allow us to book stopovers. I assume we need to call Aeroplan for this, but I was wondering whether Aeroplan tickets in general allow stopovers (more than 24 hours) and if yes, whether one or two.

Thank you in advance!
Old May 11, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire
Flight Reward Travel Involving a Stopover/Open Jaw

26. Stopovers are not permitted on one-way flight rewards.

27. Stopovers and/or open jaws are not permitted on flight rewards with Calm Air.

28. On roundtrip rewards, stopovers are permitted as follows:

28.1. Travel within Canada or between Canada and the Continental USA (not including Hawaii/Puerto Rico): One stopover permitted in addition to the point of turnaround. One open jaw is permitted in lieu of the one stopover.

28.2. Between Canada/Cont. USA and Hawaii/Puerto Rico/Mexico/Central America/Caribbean:

28.2.1. Rule for rewards containing only Air Canada flight: Two stopovers are permitted in addition to the point of turnaround. One open jaw is permitted in lieu of one stopover.

28.2.2. Rule for rewards containing a minimum of one flight on a Star Alliance partner other than Air Canada: One stopover is permitted in addition to the point of turnaround. One open jaw is permitted in addition to the one stopover.

28.3. Intercontinental travel (travel between two continents): Two stopovers permitted in addition to the point of turnaround. One open jaw is permitted in lieu of one of the two stopovers.

28.4. Intracontinental travel (travel within the same continent) except for travel within Canada/Continental USA, or between Canada/Cont. USA and Hawaii/Puerto Rico/Mexico/Central America/Caribbean: Stopovers are not permitted. One open jaw is permitted.
As per AP rules, you are entitled to 2 stopovers, or one stopover and one open-jaw.
Also don't forget Ethiopian is also a *A member, consider options through them too.
Old May 11, 2014, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot, this is much appreciated!
Old May 11, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Further to SF's point, remember there's no alcohol on Egypt Air, so Ethiopian might be far better option than you think!
Old May 11, 2014, 3:20 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Please remember that those rules are for a round-trip only, otherwise no stopovers allowed. It sort of sounds like a one way that the original poster is talking about.

Mark
Old May 11, 2014, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krayZpaving
Further to SF's point, remember there's no alcohol on Egypt Air, so Ethiopian might be far better option than you think!
Thanks, since I'm departing from Khartoum, I'm quite aware what it means to fly on Egyptair when it come to alcohol. I'm not concerned about that. I have flown both MS and ET quite extensively in the last few years and generally prefer MS (even though the 787 might change the picture) as CAI is vastly superior to ADD as a transit airport and MS uses more modern equipment on the kind of route I'm flying to Europe. I personally feel TK is by far the best choice in this part of the world, but for family reasons the stopover has to be in Egypt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.