Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Onboard cafe voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
FWIW, the reason I hate this system is the inconsistencies, there's a lot of conditions, maybe you guys are always on 90min+ flights between the hours of 12-10 or whatever, but there's plenty of times the flights EVEN when they make the conditions don't offer the items.

YYZ-BOG, fit every criteria. No BOB at all. It's great they give you lunch and liquor, but maybe the lunch choices aren't suitable, maybe you just want a damn snack...not available.

YYZ-YVR, no hot food other than noodles (which seem to be popular).

YMM-YVR flight is usually listed as 1:59, no BoB, nor do the codes work for that flight, the menus are often there, but you can't actually purchase anything.

Maybe it's just me, and I'm the only one who can't really figure this system out, but I don't think I'd ever pre-pay for these things just in case you couldn't use em. I'm sure there's lots of flights where it does apply but I just seem to never be on them I guess.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 8:34 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by drvannostren
FWIW, the reason I hate this system is the inconsistencies, there's a lot of conditions, maybe you guys are always on 90min+ flights between the hours of 12-10 or whatever, but there's plenty of times the flights EVEN when they make the conditions don't offer the items.

YYZ-BOG, fit every criteria. No BOB at all. It's great they give you lunch and liquor, but maybe the lunch choices aren't suitable, maybe you just want a damn snack...not available.

YYZ-YVR, no hot food other than noodles (which seem to be popular).

YMM-YVR flight is usually listed as 1:59, no BoB, nor do the codes work for that flight, the menus are often there, but you can't actually purchase anything.

Maybe it's just me, and I'm the only one who can't really figure this system out, but I don't think I'd ever pre-pay for these things just in case you couldn't use em. I'm sure there's lots of flights where it does apply but I just seem to never be on them I guess.
Huh? YYZ YVR definitely has hot meals as they always over cater J. I've never had an issue buying hot meals...

Do you mean they run out? They certainly do cater them though
Old Jun 14, 2015, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
They also have pizza.

It's my new choice in J
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Huh? YYZ YVR definitely has hot meals as they always over cater J. I've never had an issue buying hot meals...

Do you mean they run out? They certainly do cater them though
No no, they didn't run out, I specifically asked. I was in the exit row, so IF they had 4 of them and ran out after the first few rows, fine.

It was the last YYZ-YVR of the night, but after flying all day and having no time for a connection, I think it was reasonable to want food.

I was told "no they don't seem to give us the pizzas on late flights, the only hot food we have (for purchase in Y) is the noodles (which I saw them sell probably 8 of just around me) we do have the thai chicken wrap (cold) and the sandwich (I think roast beef, also cold, neither appealed to me)". They had all the snacks, so I bought the overpriced but delicious hummus/pretzels combo, but I was going to buy the meal combo thing with a drink, meal and snack, couldn't get it.

She agreed with me that lots of people asked for the pizza so why not stock it, but clearly some higher up in the revenue department has decided that not enough people buy them on flights after 8pm or whatever the threshold is.

My big issue is just the menu is so restrictive, not by choices, but by times and such. Again maybe you guys are always on flights where it's offered, but I seem to never be on those flights. Part of the reason I can never use the travel options codes they give me. I used one for Sept YVR-YYZ overnight so I HOPE they'll have the items, it did allow me to use it, but I think that on flights after 2200 they have different restrictions.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
No no, they didn't run out, I specifically asked. I was in the exit row, so IF they had 4 of them and ran out after the first few rows, fine.

It was the last YYZ-YVR of the night, but after flying all day and having no time for a connection, I think it was reasonable to want food.

I was told "no they don't seem to give us the pizzas on late flights, the only hot food we have (for purchase in Y) is the noodles (which I saw them sell probably 8 of just around me) we do have the thai chicken wrap (cold) and the sandwich (I think roast beef, also cold, neither appealed to me)". They had all the snacks, so I bought the overpriced but delicious hummus/pretzels combo, but I was going to buy the meal combo thing with a drink, meal and snack, couldn't get it.

She agreed with me that lots of people asked for the pizza so why not stock it, but clearly some higher up in the revenue department has decided that not enough people buy them on flights after 8pm or whatever the threshold is.

My big issue is just the menu is so restrictive, not by choices, but by times and such. Again maybe you guys are always on flights where it's offered, but I seem to never be on those flights. Part of the reason I can never use the travel options codes they give me. I used one for Sept YVR-YYZ overnight so I HOPE they'll have the items, it did allow me to use it, but I think that on flights after 2200 they have different restrictions.

Here is the info from ac.com page Air Canada Café

*On flights departing after 10 pm, Air Canada Café voucher holders will receive three (3) snack items or one (1) beverage item and one (1) snack item, as no meals are available.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...ard/index.html
Old Jun 15, 2015, 12:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

The restrictive times hit my this weekend, but not in flight.

1145 in the MLL, no "food" (just snacks).
1600, no food.
2000, no food.

I understand that YVR has a standard "dinner time", but there are people flying in and out of every timezone, so is it really that hard to put out a tray of cold sandwiches in the middle of the afternoon?
eracerblue likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
The restrictive times hit my this weekend, but not in flight.

1145 in the MLL, no "food" (just snacks).
1600, no food.
2000, no food.

I understand that YVR has a standard "dinner time", but there are people flying in and out of every timezone, so is it really that hard to put out a tray of cold sandwiches in the middle of the afternoon?
Preaching to the choir man. It makes me envious of the YYZ lounges. They're crowded but every time I go in them there's food. YVR is constantly foodless. There's a REALLY early breakfast which is ok, but I fly out around 1600-1700 quite often, there's never anything outside of the snacks.

I think Avianca is right on the mark on this front. Small cold sandwiches. Works all day. I like the idea of hot pasta which I've been able to sample once in YEG and once in YYC. But in all the flights I've had between 1400-1700 and 2200-2400 at YVR, I've never seen hot food, I'm sure it exists but it must be only between like 1730-1900.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:41 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
haven't flown on ac in a lat fare domestic in forever. so it says i get $16 worth of onboard cafe in the form of a voucher. where do i get this voucher? or the voucher the *L7 or whatever that is printed on one's boarding pass?

Originally Posted by kwflyer
The pre purchased voucher is good for:

One meal AND snack item OR
One snack AND booze drink OR
3 snacks (YMMV on this) OR
$9 off any higher meal/combo that is purchased onboard.
what about 2 booze?

you just can't win with some people. you get a free meal and bar that isn't enough.

Preaching to the choir man. It makes me envious of the YYZ lounges. They're crowded but every time I go in them there's food.
what mlls have during "meal hour" does not constitute food. and the food is tremendously bland.

Last edited by cur; Apr 26, 2017 at 10:56 am Reason: deleted stupid questions
Old May 1, 2017, 8:08 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by cur

what about 2 booze?

As long as its less than/equal to $9, it should be allowed. Hard to do at current prices. YMMV
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
I used an Altitude meal voucher when I booked my today’s flight. It appeared on my reservation but never appeared on my boarding pass. I tried the check-in process twice, no luck. The check-in agent at YUL was also puzzled and spent 10 minutes on the phone. My voucher appeared on the system but no on the BP. TBH, too much energy spent for a 9$ worth...

He ended up giving me a 15$ meal voucher for the airport which I thought was a nice gesture. He suggested to check with the FA if the info appeared on the passenger info.

I received a « complimentary upgrade » at the gate so I didn’t bother.

It was my first time using one and we are in November. Probably won’t choose this benefit next year!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:32 pm
alc

Originally Posted by monsieurcumulus
It was my first time using one and we are in November. Probably won’t choose this benefit next year!
while my experience of using these codes had been very different than yours, but in regarding to next year Privileges selection, everyone is getting these code by default now:

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ates-2018.html

Changes to Altitude 2018 announced
Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Question for those E75 who have the three Bistro meals as a reward

I always forget about these when booking.flights has anyone been able to access these after booking? Cant add this benefit to the profile after booking? So I am reaching out for help.

Thanks
Old Jul 14, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Question for those E75 who have the three Bistro meals as a reward

I always forget about these when booking.flights has anyone been able to access these after booking? Cant add this benefit to the profile after booking? So I am reaching out for help.

Thanks
I am in the same boat. I once tried adding a code after booking through Twitter or the reservations phone line and was told it is not possible. The code has to be applied when making the reservation online, there are no other way, unfortunately.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by jasdou

I am in the same boat. I once tried adding a code after booking through Twitter or the reservations phone line and was told it is not possible. The code has to be applied when making the reservation online, there are no other way, unfortunately.
Thanks, that is the same here. I thought I would ask, just in case. I love to know how much of the benefits they offer are just never used for these reasons?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Thanks, that is the same here. I thought I would ask, just in case. I love to know how much of the benefits they offer are just never used for these reasons?
same for me. So if I always have to book my work travel via agencies web site then there is no way ever to us them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.