Wiki Posts
Search

when do eUpgrades clear?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ACA 35K, Omni Select Guest Black
when do eUpgrades clear?

Have Latitude fare reservation for travel YYZ-FRA return, Apr 21... on waitlist for eUpgrade. Am 75k AC member. When oh when should I expect to see the eUpgrade clear? Does AC as a matter of course now wait until the actual departure (i.e. 10 minutes before departure) or do they still release some eUpgrades days ahead of the flight? We are now T-6 days.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
The upgrade could clear any time or at the gate exactly 60 minutes prior to departure, or never.

Busy day on YYZFRA. Okay chance at gate-up on 872 and good to poor on 876. I don't think you'll see it clear prior.

Code:
AC 872
J7 C4 D0 Z0 P0 Y1 B1 M0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0 R0

AC 876
J5 C4 D0 Z0 P0 Y0 B0 M0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0 R0
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:58 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
If you can switch to the day prior, route via YUL for a confirmed upgrade.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM
Also it will depends how many SE and SEMM members are also on the wait list. Each one will trump you. Personally I would see how much fare difference it is to a Z fare from a Latitude B class. If it's not much and usually not much. You will have a business glass seat instant with 150% Status Miles.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

I was looking at Z fare yesterday and it was looking basically the same as my Latitude fare, so I was thinking of switching. Now today it jumped up by more than $1500 bucks since yesterday. Doh.

Another Q: If my eUpgrade clears will I have to pay the new "upgrade fee"?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Silvercity
Also it will depends how many SE and SEMM members are also on the wait list. Each one will trump you.
Possibly also the ultra-rare E50MM and E75MM as well.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by plgplg
No fee for Latitude.

Last edited by Dorian; Apr 15, 2014 at 3:13 pm Reason: wrong info
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

I made the booking and the eUpgrade request on January 24th

and PS the little blue box WAS showing on both the outbound and return flights but even still I was put on a waitlist

Last edited by plgplg; Apr 15, 2014 at 3:15 pm Reason: corrected errors
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:15 pm

I made the booking and the eUpgrade request on January 24th

and PS the little blue box WAS showing on both the outbound and return flights but even still I was put on a waitlist

how much will the upgrade fee be?
If the blue boxes were showing and you requested an upgrade, it would have cleared instantly. You should log in and check if your request is showing.

No add-on for Latitude fares.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 4:13 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by Silvercity
You will have a business glass seat instant with 150% Status Miles.
Sounds like a fragile situation
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:28 am

I was looking at Z fare yesterday and it was looking basically the same as my Latitude fare, so I was thinking of switching. Now today it jumped up by more than $1500 bucks since yesterday. Doh.

Most Z fares have an advance purchase requirement as well as minimum stay requirements.

You may have just missed the last day that you can book a Z fare.

You may want to call AC reservation if they are willing to indicate your chance such as # of waitlist ahead of you. Even you waitlisted in January, a SE, SEMM, E75 MM on a cheaper Flex fare will bump you.

If one can live with the restrictions of a discount business class fare, there is no reason to buy Latitude to play aerolotto.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.2228 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by Clipper801

Most Z fares have an advance purchase requirement as well as minimum stay requirements.

You may have just missed the last day that you can book a Z fare.

You may want to call AC reservation if they are willing to indicate your chance such as # of waitlist ahead of you. Even you waitlisted in January, a SE, SEMM, E75 MM on a cheaper Flex fare will bump you.

If one can live with the restrictions of a discount business class fare, there is no reason to buy Latitude to play aerolotto.
I've heard from an agent at reservations that they're no longer able to see the upgrade list anymore, FWIW. He might have been saying that to get me off his back though
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by pewpew
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.2228 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

I've heard from an agent at reservations that they're no longer able to see the upgrade list anymore, FWIW. He might have been saying that to get me off his back though
Officially, I don't think AC agent is allowed to disclose the details and I can see good reasons why such information should not disclosed but YMMV.

If the person is SE, the Concierge will break any rule for the master.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:09 am
Original Poster

cancelled my latitude fare
I guess eUpgrades are useless
now looking at KLM
sorry AC you just lost a $4000 sale
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:22 am

cancelled my latitude fare
I guess eUpgrades are useless
now looking at KLM
sorry AC you just lost a $4000 sale
If you want *A points for your AC Altitude, you may want to consider LOT Polish Airline with a connection at Warsaw, also <$4,000 in business class.

I routinely use this web site to check air fares:

http://www.selloffvacations.com/Cheap-Flights.asp

You may want to try in future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.