Wiki Posts
Search

YVR-EDMONTON-SFO? cheapest?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2002, 7:19 am
Original Poster

YVR-EDMONTON-SFO? cheapest?

Hi,

I'm planning an october trip to canada, and was curious if flyertalker's could help an aussie find a good fare.

I'm looking to travel from YVR-EDMONTON and then somehow make it down to SFO (either by train or bus or air if its cheap).

I've checked the AC site and its C$280 or so return YVR-EDMONTON-YVR. Is this price fair? Does anyone know whether u can get a YVR-EDMONTON-SFO fare? if so how much is this likely to cost?

If not, what is the best way to get from YVR to SFO?

Finally the fare I was quoted on the air canada flight, do these typically earn airmiles? i'm looking to accrue it to varig.
Old Jul 1, 2002, 11:36 am
Original Member

Programs: Starbucks Gold
The train may be an option from YVR to SFO. Also check into going from SEA to SFO. Being that you are from outside of North America, they may still have the VISIT USA fares available on the airlines. Here is a link for Alaska Airlines. There are others I am sure, may want to try a google search.
http://www.alaskaair.com/VisitUSA/Home.asp

http://www.bridgestravel.com/vusa/vusa.htm

http://www.drvoyageur.com/airsave.html#anchor66378

From YVR to YEG yo umay want to check out www.westjet.com they are a discount carrier. Air Canada also runs Jazz and Tango, which may offer better fares too.

[This message has been edited by Rad456 (edited 07-01-2002).]
Old Jul 1, 2002, 11:48 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

You can usually get YVR-SFO-YVR for around $300 CAD including taxes. With AS flying the same route, it'll be easy to get a cheap fare. As for YVR-YEG-YVR, I would wait closer to departure date to get it. I am sure there will be a seat sale in Sept.

Are you returning home from SFO or YVR?
Old Jul 1, 2002, 12:25 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
There are often reasonable fares one-way YVR-SFO. Or better yet, YVR-SFO ret. SFO-YEG will price as an open-jaw because YVR-YEG is the shortest of the 3. That is, if your schedule will allow it & if you don't mind clearing Canada Customs twice.
Try expedia.com & travelocity.com & go to Multiple Destinations page.
OR buy a ticket YEG-SFO, continuing onward to MEXico City or Puerto Vallarta (PVR) a week later. Should price USD $500-$700 in J!

------------------
Flyertalk.com ...because miles & points don't grow on trees!
Old Jul 1, 2002, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help. I'm travelling back to SYD from SFO.

I guess the easiest way may be from SFO-YEG-SFO. What sort of fare can you get this route for? (by the way, it must be on AC).

[This message has been edited by kawoh (edited 07-01-2002).]
Old Jul 1, 2002, 9:11 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

No cheap fares available for Oct yet. The current sale fares expire on Sept 30. You should wait a bit and you can probably get a fare around $300-$400 CAD for SFO-YEG-SFO (connect via YVR).
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Finally the fare I was quoted on the air canada flight, do these typically earn airmiles? i'm looking to accrue it to varig. </font>
Definitely. All revenue tickets on AC earn miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.