Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How is this possible? Driving Me NUTS!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2014, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM

Been looking for a flight to HNL from YVR for a few days now. Departure date requested is April 7 on AC 047. Sun and part of Monday had lots of seats and tango was around $240 while Flex was somewhere in the area of $420. When I checked at around 6 pm on Monday, it was still the same price - 2 hours later, there were no tango or flex fares left and only latitude for around $1100. I said forget about it and this morning, I checked again and tango was available along with flex with the seat map showing tons of availability. I know sone seats are taken but the seat assignment has not been made. Also, usually you see them have a red mark saying how many seats available at this price when it 's getting close to being sold out.

So how can a flight be so open yesterday, then almost sold out, and then back to wide open this morning and now almost sold out again with what they say is only 2 seats left for latitude? Driving me nuts!
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:16 pm

AC has been working on it's website the last couple nights. Check again tomorrow.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Tracon, I'm starting to think that it's a conspiracy. Will check tonight and then tomorrow again.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by Chowtime
Thanks Tracon, I'm starting to think that it's a conspiracy. Will check tonight and then tomorrow again.
Must be a seat "sale" going on....
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

No seat sale to Hawaii. If there was, I'd be buying it.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
What did the agent say when you called in to check?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: AC E50K, TK Elite
there was that $10/night hotel deal that went live yesterday... could be possible that people booked the hotels and the flights right after.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

I didn't bother to call in. Today its different again as there is now tango and flex available but for more money. Hotel sale for $10 night? Where oh where to I find a deal like that and do I really want to stay in a $10 hotel?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 2:12 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Look beyond YVR for a hidden city
Old Mar 19, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: AC E50K, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Chowtime
I didn't bother to call in. Today its different again as there is now tango and flex available but for more money. Hotel sale for $10 night? Where oh where to I find a deal like that and do I really want to stay in a $10 hotel?
this was the thread on that $10 hotel deal http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...0-3-5-nts.html
Old Mar 19, 2014, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Silf
there was that $10/night hotel deal that went live yesterday... could be possible that people booked the hotels and the flights right after.
There were 20 rooms available per night. I think it is pretty unlikely that this had much of an impact on AC flights to HNL.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by ABG
Look beyond YVR for a hidden city
+1 Good advice...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.