Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How is Tango?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2002, 3:24 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by StuMcIlwain:
The pitch is at least as good as the mainline Y product, sometimes better. It is also better than West Jet, and much much better than JetsGo.</font>
I agree - I thought it was fine, and I am 6'2". I got exactly what I paid for, and I didn't pay a lot, for my YYZ-YOW same-day return. It was 1/4 the price of AC mainline for a 55 min. flight

Old Jun 17, 2002, 6:06 pm

I found the flight to be quite fine for a short haul. The only problem was that I was booked on a AC mainline flight which was substituted at the last moment. The flight featured a former CP 737 all Y config with an AC flight crew

------------------
I miss Canadian Airlines
Old Jun 17, 2002, 6:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Can one book a one-way ticket on Tango - at 1/2 the price of a return ticket?

What is the checked luggage allowance of Tango vs mainline AC?
Old Jun 17, 2002, 7:52 pm

Yes you can buy one way tickets and not pay more and the baggage allowance is exactly the same as AC mainline.
Old Jun 18, 2002, 2:53 pm

Programs: AC*SE 2MM, Marriott*Plutonium Lifetime, other stuff
Depending on your opinion of Ministers of Transport this may or may not be considered a recommendation, but David Collenette sat in my row on a Tango flight last Thursday.....

Old Jun 19, 2002, 7:23 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by maple flyer:
about $240 less than Air Canada. I don't mind paying for snacks if I am going to save that much.</font>
Curious how the fare is so close to the "lower priced brand". Unless, of course, you're paying in points. In that case, it's exactly the same as AC.

I's only when I'm paying 25,000 points that I resent paying for my sandwich and my earphones.
Old Jun 19, 2002, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Having completed a round of economy cabin flights around Europe on many STAR and non-STAR carriers, AC's pitch [and that of TANGO] is actually better than most by at least an inch or two. All economy flights are psychologically cramped if they are full, and you are locked in a window or centre seat and the guy in front insists on keeping his seat reclined throughout the flight.

As for everything else on TANGO, it is no-frills basic travel and thus why should there by a STARGold priority check-in, kiosks, or any of the other things you pay for on AC? Get it into your heads that you pay for a seat and that's about it. One pays as if it were one-way travel with fares based on what is the lowest priced seat available at the time you book on the most conveniently scheduled flight.

As for MLL access, it was such a pleasure yesterday to be able to spend an hour out at EWR in the RCC drinking Sam Adamses with Catman. I was flying out on an AC ticket. He was going nowhere [but home in Jersey City], but was able to get through security by just flashing his RCC membership card. [Albeit this "anytime" MLL access was a benefit only for SEs.]

Old Jun 19, 2002, 9:49 am
Original Member

Programs: Delta
Okay SH what exactly are you trying to say? Are you indeed confirming that there are no check-in kiosks at T3 for Tango flights and therefore responding to my question?

I don't know what has gone in your head?? As far as I know AC offers Aeroplan points (though not Q), stargold check-in benefits, and lounge access for Tango passengers except those traveling through T3. Seems to me to be a good competitive advantage over the other discount airlines.
Old Jun 19, 2002, 10:03 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Flyaway:
I'm hoping that there will be check-in kiosks at least at T3?</font>
NOPE

At least for a while there won't be any because stupid GTAA doesn't allow it. It's common use terminal and AC (Tango) is only one of many tenants in T3. They said unless AC can develop a kiosk that every airline can use they won't allow it for now. I'm hoping AC can make a deal with them because those things do help.

As for Priority Ckin I agree with Shareholder and I can confirm that in T3 SE/E/P are treated exactly same as every other Tango customer. Unless we get Express Kiosks in T3 you'll have to line up like every other customer.
Old Jun 19, 2002, 10:04 am

I think all SH was trying to say is that we should expect discount service from a discount airline.

My complaint with Tango is that the mainline has withdrawn from some routes with Tango service, and has greatly reduced the amount of flying on other Tango routes. Interlining or combining tickets is difficult and expensive, and we do not earn Q-miles on Tango flights. However, status doesn't mean much anymore unless you make SE, so I guess the Q-miles don't really matter.
Old Jun 19, 2002, 10:23 am
Original Member

Programs: Delta
Thanks ACDUDE for answering my question.

As usual with SH it's not what he says but how he says it.
Old Jun 19, 2002, 10:40 am

Appreciate the answer ACDUDE on those check in kiosks at T3.

What a goofy move on the GTAA's part. I mean why should a computer which a customer can access be available to other airline? Are these guys for real. The GTAA does not insist everyone can check in at another carriers manned computer check in, so why not an unmanned computer check in.

Personaly I am not fond of Tango. Feels like a cattle car. A gazillion travellers lined up long in advance, every seat filled. Yes I know Shareholder that's good for the bottom line, but it's not good for my bottom.

I'm saving money this year and driving. The money I spent last year flying has bought me a new car.

Remember, it's the journey as much as the destination.
Old Jun 19, 2002, 10:51 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Skyhawk:
Appreciate the answer ACDUDE on those check in kiosks at T3.

What a goofy move on the GTAA's part. I mean why should a computer which a customer can access be available to other airline? Are these guys for real. The GTAA does not insist everyone can check in at another carriers manned computer check in, so why not an unmanned computer check in.

Personaly I am not fond of Tango. Feels like a cattle car. A gazillion travellers lined up long in advance, every seat filled. Yes I know Shareholder that's good for the bottom line, but it's not good for my bottom.

I'm saving money this year and driving. The money I spent last year flying has bought me a new car.

Remember, it's the journey as much as the destination.
</font>

I don't like the way T3 is set up and from what I understood GTAA has a right to move you around from one part of the terminal/check in positions to another as required for operation. AC has no control of how to setup their operation as in T1/T2.

"The computers in Terminal 3 are provided by the GTAA for the use of all tenants, and are therefore in a state of general readiness rather then dedicated to Qik system. To access Qik it is necessary to first sign in to CUTE (Common Use Terminal Eqipment)."

I believe this is the reason why they won't allow us to install Express Kiosks...
Old Jun 19, 2002, 12:09 pm

All this leads to me to ask: Why, then, did they move Tango to T3? AC has fewer aircraft than they had at this time last year. Even with Tango, overall there should be fewer departures, not more. Shouldn't the number of gates also go down? What I am missing here?

Yes, I know that the Tango flights leave in banks, but couldn't those be scheduled around other operations?

It makes sense if they are going to move the Regional ... I mean Jazz operations back to T2 when T1 is demolished. But that's still a ways off.
Old Jun 19, 2002, 12:15 pm
ALW

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">They said unless AC can develop a kiosk that every airline can use they won't allow it for now.</font>
But doesnt' WestJet have kiosks now? And surely every other non-charter airline has some sort of electronic checkin?

This may have been answered by ACDUDE's later informative answer, but I'm not positive.

andrew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.