Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Shower upon arrival at YYZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Shower upon arrival at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2014, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Shower upon arrival at YYZ

Hi all,

I'm a little confused about lounge access on an upcoming AC flight and figured this was the best place to check on that. I'm flying SFO-YYZ on a redeye and need to get somewhere soon after arrival in YYZ and am not staying overnight so I have no hotel to check-in to. Ideally I'd like to shower up before heading to my meeting but I'm not sure where I'm welcome!

I'm flying AC in coach (Latitude fare) and have no Star Alliance status. I have a United Club membership, and Priority Pass/Lounge Club, and Amex Plat/Centurion. I see on the PP website there's a Plaza Premium lounge with shower facilities but in the notes it says departing passengers only.

Is this lounge truly only for departing passengers or can I access upon arrival? If so, are there any other options for me? Ideally free based on my affiliations would be nice, but I can get around paying for access if it comes down to $25 at the Maple Leaf Lounge. Just wanted to make sure I'm clear on what my options are

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 18, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: AC-SE, EK-G, GF-G
You will not be able to access the MLL after your red-eye flight.

Since you arriving from the U.S., and YYZ is your final destination, you will have to clear customs and immigration. There is no lounge for arriving transborder passengers.

The only way you can access the MLL is if you are traveling onwards to anywhere in Canada on AC on the same day (you can access the domestic MLL) or if you are going overseas by AC or *A on the same day (you can access the INTL MLL).

Lounge on arrival is only available for those arriving on domestic flights within Canada, and specifically only for those who have Super Elite/Elite status with Aeroplan. Even if you were arriving from a domestic flight, you would not be able to use the lounge (since you are not a SE/E member).

Other than the lounge, there is a GoodLife gym at Pearson airport that you might be able to use by paying. They have washroom facilities, and you can shower over there. I am not sure how much it will cost, and if it will be open. Google it.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 9:27 pm

OP: Here is some additional information I found for you, regarding the GoodLife gym at Pearson Airport. For $15, you get access to the gym, including "...changerooms and showers with soap, conditioner, lotion and hair dryers..."

It's located at Terminal 1, Before-Security (International), Level 1 Arrivals, Area F.

It's open 430am-1130pm

Here is the link: http://www.torontopearson.com/Pearso...id=4294986843#
Old Feb 18, 2014, 9:27 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal
Other than the lounge, there is a GoodLife gym at Pearson airport that you might be able to use by paying. They have washroom facilities, and you can shower over there. I am not sure how much it will cost, and if it will be open. Google it.
That's exactly what I was thinking since OP is willing to pay. It's $20 for non members/ $5 for members. It opens very early - I've been there at 6am. It may open even earlier. They'll even give you towels if you ask nice.

Edit: I was going by memory and I'm a GL member so just pay the $5. $15 is a bargain

Last edited by martyYOW; Feb 18, 2014 at 9:29 pm Reason: Correction
Old Feb 18, 2014, 9:30 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
This article says $15 day pass.
http://www.thestar.com/life/health_w...gym_idea.html#
Jinx: aircanada_loyal and I simulposted.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Perfect! Thanks to all for the help. Wouldn't have even crossed my mind to think there'd be a gym in the airport
Old Feb 18, 2014, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by martyYOW
That's exactly what I was thinking since OP is willing to pay. It's $20 for non members/ $5 for members. It opens very early - I've been there at 6am. It may open even earlier. They'll even give you towels if you ask nice.

Edit: I was going by memory and I'm a GL member so just pay the $5. $15 is a bargain

OP will have to pay $15, according to the website above.

Curious, if you have a valid GL membership (Canada-wide), why do you have to pay an extra $5? I was under the impression that all GL members have access to all GL gyms in Canada.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:32 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal
Curious, if you have a valid GL membership (Canada-wide), why do you have to pay an extra $5? I was under the impression that all GL members have access to all GL gyms in Canada.
No - some do, but not all. There are numerous unadvertised plans such as "non-premiere gyms", only at your base gym, only during weekends, only during Tuesday & Thursday, only in non-prime times, etc., that are Goodlife plans.

GoodLife members can get in free or for a small fee, depending on their membership level. Non-members pay $15 for a day pass, which includes showers, towel service, hair dryers, soaps, shampoo, rental workout gear, equipment, weights, and a stretching area.
I have the country-wide myself, and did not pay anything when I first went - on day #2 of their opening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.