Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada web seat selection and FF number.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Air, Flying Blue, United, Air Canada, Aeromexico

I booked an AC flight (1853) for 2 people for March 19 and seat selection was offered at $31 per seat so I skipped this step. I this regular routine for AC (to only allow seat selection for a charge during booking) or is just this flight or just me? I still believe at the check-in won’t be charged for seats, and hopefully I will get seats side by side on the same row. Am I doing some wrong thinking?
Also, for the same booking, I entered two FF numbers (mine and my wife’s) and they showed OK, but now, after a week I see my wife’s FF number vanished and can’t put it back on line (even if the link to make the FF number change works but doesn’t finalize successfully).
Thanks
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by ticu
I booked an AC flight (1853) for 2 people for March 19 and seat selection was offered at $31 per seat so I skipped this step. I this regular routine for AC (to only allow seat selection for a charge during booking) or is just this flight or just me? I still believe at the check-in won’t be charged for seats, and hopefully I will get seats side by side on the same row. Am I doing some wrong thinking?
Also, for the same booking, I entered two FF numbers (mine and my wife’s) and they showed OK, but now, after a week I see my wife’s FF number vanished and can’t put it back on line (even if the link to make the FF number change works but doesn’t finalize successfully).
Thanks
That is normal for Tango fares.

And FYI you booked on Rouge, not AC. You will probably be able to get seats together at check in since YYZ-LAS is a 763, but I wouldn't count on being able to get the 2 seats by the window.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
http://www.aircanada.com/shared/en/a...der_rouge.html

Tango: +$18CAD
Flex: Complimentary
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:18 am
Original Poster

I also have a booking for AC794 made through UA for award travel, where I was assigned seats at booking time (without being offered the possibility to choose) but now after 1+ week the booking on aircanda.com doesn't show any seats at all.
If I try to use the tool to change seats I am not allowed, but that section of their website still shows the seats assigned to me (as they were initially).
Do I have or I don't have seats assigned? I would avoid calling AC for the long time to wait on hold, but I might not have another choice.
Any light in this issue? Thanks.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
I also have a booking for AC794 made through UA for award travel, where I was assigned seats at booking time (without being offered the possibility to choose) but now after 1+ week the booking on aircanda.com doesn't show any seats at all.
If I try to use the tool to change seats I am not allowed, but that section of their website still shows the seats assigned to me (as they were initially).
Do I have or I don't have seats assigned? I would avoid calling AC for the long time to wait on hold, but I might not have another choice.
Award seats I believe get free seat selection, you may have to call AC to change the actual seats though. But you did mention that no other seats are open right now.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tkyoshi
Award seats I believe get free seat selection, you may have to call AC to change the actual seats though. But you did mention that no other seats are open right now.
On United site (where I booked) the receipt (still) shows seats 34E and 34F.
At the time of booking, it was showing the same seats on the AC site when looking up the booking by the AC number provided by United (I have printed copies for that reservation). Now, looking up the same reservation on AC site, it shows no seats. When I try to chose seats I can't do anything.
It is weird. I thought just UA website/web app sucks. It looks AC site sucks even worse.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
You can also try using the IOS app to change/verify seat assignment.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: E50K, *Gold, WS Gold,VIA Premier, VIPorter
You can message AC on facebook if you want to change seats (and it's either free, or you paid the fee once). Saves time on the phone and works great if you can't do it online.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:59 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
I'm having the same problem as you - booked through another booking source and now locked out of the booking tool like you describe. Although in my case, I had previously been able to view and change seats in the booking tool. Were you always blocked out?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: AC Altitude E35K, *Silve, UA Premier Silver, Marriott Platinum, SPG Preferred Plus, a bunch of other
As mentioned in another thread, you may want to try using this link to see if you can select your seats:
https://services.aircanada.com/Servi...method=english
Old Feb 20, 2014, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Vader
As mentioned in another thread, you may want to try using this link to see if you can select your seats:
https://services.aircanada.com/Servi...method=english
I previously tried it but it didn't work for me.
Actually I checked back again right now and can't do anything (all buttons are un-clickable).
BUT, on this page, my seats are still showing 34E and 34F (witch is not the same like on the "regular" page where there are no seats shown).

Last edited by ticu; Feb 20, 2014 at 1:45 pm
Old Feb 20, 2014, 4:59 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
I previously tried it but it didn't work for me.
Actually I checked back again right now and can't do anything (all buttons are un-clickable).
BUT, on this page, my seats are still showing 34E and 34F (witch is not the same like on the "regular" page where there are no seats shown).
Same exact problem. All buttons unclickable for me too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.