Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ -> LAS direct - use AP points?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

YYZ -> LAS direct - use AP points?

Hello

I am relatively new to the aeroplan scene plus ive never been to vegas.

I have accommodations arranged for Tues Sept 2 (arriving) - Fri Sept 5 (depart). I just need to find a way to get down there.

I see that there is a direct flight from Air Canada (unfortunately no United so I cant use my $300 travel voucher from them), but its about $650 per person. So i figured maybe I could use AP points instead. From the rewards chart it looks like its 25k per longhaul trip.

Can i redeem a direct flight with these points? I assume there are very limited seats to redeem, so if its possible should i do it ASAP?

Should i wait closer to September to see if flight costs go down and just buy the tickets? Is that common for Vegas?

Not really sure what to do. I know there is a bonus if i book AC Rouge by Jan 31, but i doubt id get those bonuses if i got the flight with points.

Thank you for any insight you can provide.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: PMUA
For the dates you picked there are no available seats for reward passenger.

Like on 3rd of Sept flight 1851 have openings for award travel, return is a problem
Old Jan 23, 2014, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Karlson
For the dates you picked there are no available seats for reward passenger.

Like on 3rd of Sept flight 1851 have openings for award travel, return is a problem
Thank you,

How were you able to check that?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA
You should also try maybe posting in the aeroplan forum if this thread doesn't get you a response after awhile. Mods may move it, actually.

There's likely a thread somewhere in there that you can piggyback on, rather than starting a new one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/

Good luck!
Old Jan 23, 2014, 3:29 pm

Programs: PMUA
Originally Posted by ycat
Thank you,

How were you able to check that?
Ana tool does magic things. I know it might sound crazy, why don't you book non-stop from YYZ to LAS on 3rd, and return on United to Buffalo then you can use your voucher and save miles.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Moving to Air Canada Aeroplan forum for further discussion.

jackal
Moderator, Info Desk
Old Feb 4, 2014, 8:28 pm

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
does it need to be direct? There are some OK non direct options that you will need to connect in either YVR or LAX.
Return you can connect in YUL which aint too bad.

You could burn 50K miles and go business then the connection flights don't seem as long
Old Feb 5, 2014, 12:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
You can also book a one-way now, and wait for the return to open up (or just buy it).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.