Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

On My Way experiences during recent YYZ troubles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On My Way experiences during recent YYZ troubles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2014, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.0.1803 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

I was just wondering if anyone had happened to have N My Way during the recent problems on the east coast/at YYZ. Specifically, if they were able to use the OMW # to get rebooked and what not? Since it's been so difficult to get a hold of AC's call centre's, and even at the airports things were a total mess, I'm curious about OMW. For my tickets this week I almost purchased it but had decided against - whoops!
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Marriott Rewards
I'm still waiting for a call back about my luggage. I got caught in that debacle at YYZ. I called the baggage number on Tuesday morning as directed and was told someone with a heavy indian accent that someone would call me back. Still Waiting!!!!

BTW - here's a first hand account of what it was like on Monday.

AC939 from FLL to YYZ scheduled 1:35pm departure. I arrived at FLL at 10:45am and looked at the monitors, AC939 on time, so was AC938 the inbound aircraft. Proceeded to the Business Class line and waited for 25 minutes to reach the counter. Agent told me I wasn't able to check it and they wouldn't accept my luggage, they were only assisting passengers for the earlier flights, come back in an hour. There were no seat available anywhere in the airport, most Delta passengers were seated on the floor, so we sat outline on the last available bench. At 11:30am I went back to the counter and got in line. This is when they checked me in and the agent told me my flight was on time. Well AC 938 hadn't even taken off yet!! Hour by hour my flight got pushed back further and further. AC 939 eventually took off from FLL at 7:45pm. It touched down at YYZ at 10:12pm and proceed along the main north/south runway and came to stop. Pilot announced that we'd be awhile. At 2:11am we finally reached the gate, after spending 4 hours sitting on the runway. Once though customs we saw the disaster in the international baggage hall. People and luggage everywhere, we waited at carousel 9 which showed our arriving flight. After waiting one hour the flight disappeared from the board. At 4:35AM there was announcement for everyone there was going to be no further luggage delivered and to return after 9am to 10am when our luggage would be removed from the AC. Outside the airport it was -22 and the line for Taxi/Limo's was total chaos. I finally reached my house at 6:05am!!! Later that afternoon I went back tot he airport to stand in line for 2 hours to retieve my luggage.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.0.1803 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by brewster
I'm still waiting for a call back about my luggage. I got caught in that debacle at YYZ. I called the baggage number on Tuesday morning as directed and was told someone with a heavy indian accent that someone would call me back. Still Waiting!!!!

BTW - here's a first hand account of what it was like on Monday.

AC939 from FLL to YYZ scheduled 1:35pm departure. I arrived at FLL at 10:45am and looked at the monitors, AC939 on time, so was AC938 the inbound aircraft. Proceeded to the Business Class line and waited for 25 minutes to reach the counter. Agent told me I wasn't able to check it and they wouldn't accept my luggage, they were only assisting passengers for the earlier flights, come back in an hour. There were no seat available anywhere in the airport, most Delta passengers were seated on the floor, so we sat outline on the last available bench. At 11:30am I went back to the counter and got in line. This is when they checked me in and the agent told me my flight was on time. Well AC 938 hadn't even taken off yet!! Hour by hour my flight got pushed back further and further. AC 939 eventually took off from FLL at 7:45pm. It touched down at YYZ at 10:12pm and proceed along the main north/south runway and came to stop. Pilot announced that we'd be awhile. At 2:11am we finally reached the gate, after spending 4 hours sitting on the runway. Once though customs we saw the disaster in the international baggage hall. People and luggage everywhere, we waited at carousel 9 which showed our arriving flight. After waiting one hour the flight disappeared from the board. At 4:35AM there was announcement for everyone there was going to be no further luggage delivered and to return after 9am to 10am when our luggage would be removed from the AC. Outside the airport it was -22 and the line for Taxi/Limo's was total chaos. I finally reached my house at 6:05am!!! Later that afternoon I went back tot he airport to stand in line for 2 hours to retieve my luggage.
But did you use on my way?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.