Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan is rigging Dec 2014 availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan is rigging Dec 2014 availability

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by willflyforfood
Can I assume from the posts that inventory loads at t-355? I'm one of the scroungers looking for inventory to Mexico, returning in Jan 2015, and it isn't loaded yet. Assuming that's the case, for a flight, say Jan. 10, inventory would load midnight Jan 20?
Cheers
That is not always the case anymore. AC used to make all award inventory available when the flight was born at the 355 day mark. They don't do that anymore. The are much more actively managing award space. AC is contractually obligated to release 8% of available seats on each route per month to AE at Classic redemption rates. However, when they choose to release the inventory is up to them. Some is released at the 355 mark, but a lot is held back for later release.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
December is height of season and redemptions are being snapped off a year ahead. I'm one of those looking to book a flight over this period over the next week or so.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
If you are looking for AC space in Dec then I am pretty sure you are SOL.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by echino
I have been closely watching YVR - Hawaii in December 2014. The pattern was 1X+1I loaded at about midnight PST t-355, and by the following morning all gone. So I had to get up at 3:45 in the morning PST to call Aeroplan first at 4:00 PST when it opens, to grab the seats. Now I have 1X+1I booked for Dec.20 YVR-OGG. Not sure if it's people booking seats, or the system pulling the availability, but it's peak travel dates, could be anything.
I've been tracking YWG-OGG availability and about a month ago, outbound flights stopped being added past Dec. 10/14. It has literally been weeks since any inventory has been added beyond that date (I am searching for 3 seats in Y).

I'm pretty flexible as to timing and am planning to travel anytime in Jan or Feb 2015, but I've never seen this happen before where a trip I'm planning just does not show any new availability for weeks on end. Are they just going to skip over Christmas holidays and start adding availability for January?!
Old Feb 3, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Are the flights showing up on AC.com?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
Are the flights showing up on AC.com?
Yep
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I'm starting to see a few dates opening up. Give it another week, then I may have something I can work with. I'm checking for Christmas dates now almost daily.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 3:55 pm
alc

Originally Posted by heraclitus
I've been tracking YWG-OGG availability and about a month ago, outbound flights stopped being added past Dec. 10/14. It has literally been weeks since any inventory has been added beyond that date (I am searching for 3 seats in Y).

I'm pretty flexible as to timing and am planning to travel anytime in Jan or Feb 2015, but I've never seen this happen before where a trip I'm planning just does not show any new availability for weeks on end. Are they just going to skip over Christmas holidays and start adding availability for January?!
Have you try searching for 1 PAX? I was tracking HKG- YYZ and CUN-YYZ in DEC/JAN for 2+ weeks and a single seat get added for the 355 days out every day at 12:00am EST, but not bookable online until in the morning (at least I only try until around 3am EST)

For the CUN-YYZ (4 PAX), I end up just IKK it for my friend. For the HKG-YYZ (3 PAX), end up just take the BR options (save me $399 in total)
Old Feb 3, 2014, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by alc
Have you try searching for 1 PAX? I was tracking HKG- YYZ and CUN-YYZ in DEC/JAN for 2+ weeks and a single seat get added for the 355 days out every day at 12:00am EST, but not bookable online until in the morning (at least I only try until around 3am EST)

For the CUN-YYZ (4 PAX), I end up just IKK it for my friend. For the HKG-YYZ (3 PAX), end up just take the BR options (save me $399 in total)
In this case it doesn't seem likely that one seat is getting snapped up every day... there has been constant availability of the days prior to that, so I can't imagine that the 8th, 9th, 10th of Dec would still be available but every seat on the 11th, 12th, 13th would be taken by someone within hours of going on the system.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by heraclitus
In this case it doesn't seem likely that one seat is getting snapped up every day... there has been constant availability of the days prior to that, so I can't imagine that the 8th, 9th, 10th of Dec would still be available but every seat on the 11th, 12th, 13th would be taken by someone within hours of going on the system.
I've been watching it closely. Typically, 1J and 1Y are released to Aeroplan (not to A*) when the flight is born, but removed the next day. I was able to book 1J 1Y YVR-OGG for next Christmas, but I had to get up at night and call Aeroplan 4am PST.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 4:54 pm

In my limited experience with the later loaded inventory, for example the YYZ-PLS Thurs&Fri inventory took weeks after the 355 to show up. When it showed up on afternoon I booked the flights on Aeroplan immediately.

I thought once the Christmas inventory was gone it was gone, unless you got status? I have our yyz-BGI Christmas flights done, and then they rouged me! Took some late nights.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 11:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
In my limited experience with the later loaded inventory, for example the YYZ-PLS Thurs&Fri inventory took weeks after the 355 to show up. When it showed up on afternoon I booked the flights on Aeroplan immediately.

I thought once the Christmas inventory was gone it was gone, unless you got status? I have our yyz-BGI Christmas flights done, and then they rouged me! Took some late nights.
*A its 335 IIRC.. and I'm seeing inventory start to appear after the 335 days. I'm concerned on departure date I'm leaving so early. I hope *A starts loading up some more departure dates, so I can have a reasonable booking.

With USAir exiting the fold, and UA going through changes last year, it'll definitely be slim pickings.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 5:23 am

Programs: AC*S100K SPG Gold
Originally Posted by willflyforfood
Can I assume from the posts that inventory loads at t-355? Cheers
Should be D-355. D for Days, T for Time.

Sorry, nothing personal. Just a pet peeve after 15 years in the CF. <Not as bad as people, particularly people in the aerospace industry spelling phonetically with some made up alphabet though >
Old Feb 4, 2014, 7:25 am

*A, I have yet do book anything other than AC metal. Maybe one day we will venture out to the Pacific to do some diving, it's the 24 flight times (to Palau for instance) that have us contained to the Caribbean for the foreseeable future.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Hussar
Should be D-355. D for Days, T for Time.

Sorry, nothing personal. Just a pet peeve after 15 years in the CF. <Not as bad as people, particularly people in the aerospace industry spelling phonetically with some made up alphabet though >
^ And every day, I learn something new before I even get to work

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.