Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

agent "can't see flight" problem...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Is there any recommended fix for this currently (I am attempting hangup and call again, but would like to coach the next agent if necessary).

Showing a Lufthansa short haul flight in Europe, and I'm trying to change the tail end of an existing ticket to tag it on, seems to be available and bookable on the website in both economy and business, direct on two different flights. As well as a dozen different connections.

Agent "can't see" anything in either business or economy, just a single connection via Austrian with a long overnight wait in the airport. Obviously not so useful. She said she also tried to "get it directly" but still "can't see" it.

Any recommendations on telling them what to try?

It doesn't seem to be the phantom availability thing on LH (I think) though these are mostly LH. I can go right through on the website to booking it as part of a round trip.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 11:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

OK, I solved this one, on the second call-in I heard the agent saying the airport code to herself. City with two airports and they were using the domestic airport rather than the international.

So... there's the hint then, if an agent can't "see" the flight that you can see just fine on the website, you may both be on the same city but different airport codes. Pretty obvious in hindsight.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by tyberius
OK, I solved this one, on the second call-in I heard the agent saying the airport code to herself. City with two airports and they were using the domestic airport rather than the international.

So... there's the hint then, if an agent can't "see" the flight that you can see just fine on the website, you may both be on the same city but different airport codes. Pretty obvious in hindsight.
This.

... is why I always say the airport code (in pilot speak) over the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.