Search

Will FLL go to rouge?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Will FLL go to rouge?

Hello all,

Just wondering if i should buy the latitude vs flex florida flight pass. If FLL goes to rouge within the next year, it doesn't make sense to buy a latitude pass because there won't be a J class to upgrade to.

Thanks for your thoughts
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:15 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
MCO is already rogued . FLL is mostly leisure travelers. If I was betting, I'd say it will be rogued as well.

My advice: go AA and pay the extra $ for an exit row. I did that last week YVR-DFW-TPA and it was bearable.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:38 pm

My guess it will be rouged
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
+1.

Can't imagine it staying mainline for long.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 5:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
No indication at all -- none -- at least for this coming Winter Season. In Florida, believe it's only MCO & SRQ (Sarasota). Currently all FLL flights are shown as mainline.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 5:34 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
The aircraft sizes tend to change based on volumes on this route. I've seen A319, A320, A321 and A333. If they went Rouge the A319 would be very limiting when handling the higher volumes. Currently there are not enough B767 to make a swap.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 5:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by 172pilot
The aircraft sizes tend to change based on volumes on this route. I've seen A319, A320, A321 and A333. If they went Rouge the A319 would be very limiting when handling the higher volumes. Currently there are not enough B767 to make a swap.
The A330 was used two summers ago between LHR flights - a very unexpected aircraft for that time of year, but good aircraft utilization
Old Nov 12, 2013, 5:53 am

Programs: AC-SE MM
I flew home from CUN-YYZ on Rouge. I will never fly it again. It's a Can Jet flight with AC. Colours. I' fly to CUN twice a year and for 5 years now. Going froward I will fly non direct via anywhere else. Rouge is not for me. I also have to LAS next month. So if you live in YYZ you have no option but to sit for 5.5hrs on a Rouge flight. Shame on you AC for leaving no option available for Buisness fliers.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 6:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan, 50K Altitude, Nexus
Any idea if PHX will?
Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
OP is likely fine for 2014, as Rouge simply won't have the aircraft to expand any further than what they've already spelled out. So for the next 12 months at least, FLL will likely continue to be served by mainline aircraft.

But I would think that FLL would be a lock for Rouge beyond that ... it's essentially an airport serving the cruise ship docks. And, there's stiff competition from Westjet and Sunwing.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
The A330 was used two summers ago between LHR flights - a very unexpected aircraft for that time of year, but good aircraft utilization
The A330 was awesome into FLL - I seem to recall it was the largest aircraft flying into FLL during that period. Really nice to have pod configuration even though it's only a 3 hour flight.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Marriott Rewards
The pax load during christmas/new years and the march break would be very difficult for rouge to handle. AC just increased the daily flights from YYZ and added saturday YHZ.

They could do a seasonal swap to rouge for 1 or 2 daily flights from YYZ without a problem.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by brewster
The pax load during christmas/new years and the march break would be very difficult for rouge to handle.
What do you mean? Those are absolute ideal times for 767Rouge.

I'd imagine FLL will be an AM Southbound 767Rouge and a PM 319Rouge in time for next winter.

FLL is prime Rouge territory as AC can continue offering mainline into MIA for those who want to pay for the difference.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
What do you mean? Those are absolute ideal times for 767Rouge.

>Just not this year as only 2 767's are in service until the 787's start arriving.

I'd imagine FLL will be an AM Southbound 767Rouge and a PM 319Rouge in time for next winter.

>More than likely.

FLL is prime Rouge territory as AC can continue offering mainline into MIA for those who want to pay for the difference

>MIA is notoriously a very expensive airport to operate out of.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
If it does....

Originally Posted by Swarez
Any idea if PHX will?
....then it will be BUF-PHX direct on Southwest for this cowboy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.