Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan double charged me, had to do a chargeback

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan double charged me, had to do a chargeback

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2013, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Thumbs down Aeroplan double charged me, had to do a chargeback

I waited a while before posting this hoping Aeroplan would do the right thing, but it never happened. About three months ago I needed to change something on a ticket with two passengers. I called in, long story short, gave my cc details and agreed on the final tax amount and change fee ($90x2 + GST). Hung up and glad to be off the phone after almost 4 hours talking to them (hold times, ticketing issues, waiting for supervisor, waiting for ticketing, hold times...).

A few days later I looked on my cc statement, saw the tax collection/refund line items, and I saw not one, but two charges from Aeroplan for $189 with different/consecutive dates. I waited a few days for one to disappear, but it didn't, so I reluctantly called back and faced the long hold times. Spoke with an agent who said they only see the one collection for $189; asked for a supervisor and waited another half hour of course; supervisor said the same thing. Both agreed during the conversation I should only be charged a total of $189. The supervisor said I needed to send a copy of the charges from my credit card showing both charges, with a reference number, to a specific e-mail address. I immediately send the requested information to the e-mail address. No response. One week later I e-mail them again and ask for a follow-up. No response. Six weeks pass by and nothing.

I eventually call my credit card company and explain the situation to them, and they reverse one of the two charges as I requested.

It's now over three months later and I never did hear back from Aeroplan. Although I wouldn't do it, I'm willing to bet that if I requested both charges to be reversed, Aeroplan would come knocking.

There's declining service, there's devaluations, but this was something new that I did not expect. Just a warning to check your credit card statements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.