Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A tale of my Jazzy morning

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2002, 10:11 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Calm down guys... my advice to you all, use the kiosk whenever possible! I just love those machines.
Old Apr 3, 2002, 12:28 am
Original Member
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ACDUDE:
By posting this on FT you give everybody impression that all agents are same and that nobody should fly AC again.</font>
If I was trying to "give everybody [the] impression that all agents are [the] same and that nobody should fly AC again", why would I have made the following remark about my Maple Leaf Lounge experiance:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">I then moved up to the Maple Leaf Lounge, and was greeted by a fairly friendly agent there." </font>
?

Wouldn't I, if I was trying to "give everybody [the] impression that all agents are [the] same" claim that the Maple Leaf Lounge attendant was also sub-par?

You make several claims about my report, and about my attitude towards your company, yet they can all be dismantled without much effort.

I appreciate that you believe in your company - that is a valued asset. However, I think that it is dangerous to believe in your company blindly, and support every move of your company and fellow employees simply on the basis that they are a part of AC. Why not think for yourself based on your beliefs, your standards, and your goals for Air Canada? ACDUDE, you said:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ACDUDE:
I will defend my fellow employees anytime of the day!</font>
Why not defend your fellow employees anytime of the day if... and only if they are correct. Why do you insist on supporting them if they are wrong? Perhaps this is the problem with some AC staff members. Perhaps the problem lies in that employees back each other up whether or not the fellow employee is correct, but simply because they are an employee.

You folks are not running a hockey team here (where the goal is to win irrespective of what you do), but you are running a business where you will most certainly fail if you are confrontational and unthinking about what your customers are feeling.

Good day.
(and no, I am not a Doctor "ACDUDE", but many thanks for the expression of confidance)!

[This message has been edited by Fisch (edited 04-03-2002).]
Old Apr 3, 2002, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I think Fisch should have used the correct line and I agree with ACDUDE's reasoning re: something going wrong and a kiosk customer then having to possibly wait to be served. The problem is with how it was handled. There was a better way for the agent to deal with it. A complaint to a manager? Give me a break - it wasn't that big a deal, but it does re-inforce one's view of the operation as a whole.
Old Apr 3, 2002, 9:21 am
B1

When I used the Express Check-In in the US section at YYZ there was an AC employee there to help and teach anyone who was having any difficulty at all. He was absolutely glad to help and clear as can be. When I got to the guy who tagging the luggage it was a whole different story. I had a couple of questions about the flight and his standard answers were: expect nothing and I can't help. He certainly had no interest in helping or teaching as his fellow employee did. Hmmm. I wonder if that was....By the way, he was wrong on all counts.
Old Apr 3, 2002, 9:38 am
Original Member

Programs: Delta
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Altaflyer:
[B]I think Fisch should have used the correct line and I agree with ACDUDE's reasoning re: something going wrong and a kiosk customer then having to possibly wait to be served. [B]</font>
I agree. It is the attitude of the AC staff member which is of concern.

Perhaps though, Fisch has learned his lesson and will join the correct line in the future .

------------------
AAdvantage Platinum
AMEX Platinum (Canada)
Old Apr 3, 2002, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Returning to the original subject at hand: Does JAZZ play any such music on their intercom before the flight? John Coltraine? Dizzy, Miles, Oscar...? Or is it the same old Muzak?
Old Apr 3, 2002, 1:25 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

everything about my experiance yesterday was the same as past Air Ontario experiances in terms of branding, except that there was one aircraft parked on the ramp in Jazz colours (green). They relaunch has not taken concrete for other than that as of yet.
Old Apr 3, 2002, 2:02 pm
ALW

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Perhaps though, Fisch has learned his lesson and will join the correct line in the future.</font>
For some reason, the phrase "no soup for you!" is going through my mind right now.

andrew
Old Apr 3, 2002, 8:22 pm

although I disagree with the agents attitude I do agree on one thing why didn't you just go to the other agent. Because what usually happens is that people think well what harm can it do if I go here...then in a few weeks we are reading a post on how slow express checkin was because some guy had this big problem and was holding up the line. So no matter which way you look at it it is a no win situation.
Old Apr 3, 2002, 8:35 pm

FOLKS .....

PLEASE.....

The point made by Fisch was not about not getting served in the "Express Line"...

IT WAS THE ATTITUDE !.
Old Apr 3, 2002, 9:44 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ferrari:

IT WAS THE ATTITUDE !.
</font>
May I just add in my 0.02 cents here? I do agree that it's the attitude that counts, but Fisch wouldn't even treated that way if he went to the correct line, right?

Anyway, have a nice day everyone. SMILE.
Old Apr 3, 2002, 11:01 pm

Wouldn't a much better response from the agent have been "Well actually sir, we're trying to discourage people from checking in at the baggage express counters to make sure they are immediately available when people do use the kiosks. Would you mind going to the next counter?"
Old Apr 3, 2002, 11:08 pm

And those kinds of responses do exist. I experienced one this afternoon, from an AA agent. Turns out I was travelling on a paid first class AA ticket, and while I actually knew there was no official way to get into the lounge, I thought I'd try anyway. (Unlike Fisch, I was actually 'testing' the system.)

I walked up to the door agent, explained the situation, and asked if there was any way for me to use the lounge. He didn't smack me with a leaded pool cue, or even snarl at me. He just asked for my ticket and my AAdvantage card. The then furiously started typing on his terminal. After umpteen expressions of frustration and who knows how many attempts, he explained "I'm sorry sir. I've tried everything I can, but there's no way I can let you in. We do sell a one day pass, but your flight is boarding in 10 minutes, so it probably would not be a wise purchase. Sorry."

Similar to Fisch's situation, I was doing something not quite kosher. But clearly the responses were worlds apart.

BTW, AA still plays that new age relaxation music for boarding, and shows "pretty pictures" of flowers and landscapse and mountains and streams and the like on the videos. Not exactly Jazz, but after a long grueling day of travel, a nice way to begin the day's final segment.
Old Apr 3, 2002, 11:28 pm

sorry this is where I have to disagree with
you. If the agent said that then the customer would get all flustered and go off
in a huff because I have seen it happen They figure the agent is just being an a**hole and trying to be difficult. But
like you said it was the attitude of the employee that we are talking about here.
Old Apr 6, 2002, 3:35 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Agincourt:
I do agree that it's the attitude that counts, but Fisch wouldn't even treated that way if he went to the correct line, right?
</font>
I had a similar experience at YYZ after using the kiosk checkin with a family of 4.
We had just returned a car, so entered on the arrivals level. Took elevator at north end of terminal, and kiosks were staring me in the face.

The express line next to the kisok was not manned. Several patient pax waiting though. I walked down the terminal to the next one, and was greeted rudely by the agent, saying that since we were booked Rapidair, we should got to that area of the terminal. She was adament, even though I was the only one in line. I did not move, and she finally checked our bags. And just to make her point, she reminded me not to do it again.

Just out of curiosity, I went through the security post in Rapidair area, and the express baggage line was also unstaffed. This on a Friday afternoon to boot.

I totally agree with Fisch, it is the attitude that is the issue here, and with AC in general.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.