Search

AC Employees must watch costs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2002, 2:39 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

AC Employees must watch costs

As taken from the Daily:
"Cost Control Is In Everybody's Interest. In today's climate, we need to make wise decisions about how we spend our money. To keep costs down, use e-mail rather than call long distance and use a regular telephone line rather than a cell phone. Instead of dialing Directory Assistance for a $1.11 charge, why not log-on to Bell's website at www.canada411.sympatico.ca to find a phone number for free."
Old Apr 3, 2002, 2:54 pm

very good. I would rather the penny pinching take place in this area, rather than with customer facing items. Though of course that has already happened.
Old Apr 3, 2002, 3:05 pm

Programs: NW Gold/SPG Plat/Hilton Gold
I highly doubt that employees, many of whom don't care about providing 100% consistent service to clients, are going to follow requests such as this. I think that many have a "chip" on their shoulders and are probably just as mad at the company as they are with clients.

Incidentally, it is these types of expenses, costly errors due to carelessness and non-collection of fees from people who should pay them (read: I do NOT mean waiving fees for elites here) that greatly affect the bottom line.
Old Apr 3, 2002, 4:00 pm

I think this has nothing to do with providing service to customers or saving money on that side. This is just another stupid move by AC management to say "we really care about our employees and here's a good tip that you can use"

If that's the case I am not impressed!
They could do much better to show us some appreciation.
Old Apr 3, 2002, 4:14 pm

Location: Views I hold are not that of Ual Corp, or its holdings, subsidiaries or partners. etc
ACDude, I have a question. Why does AC write out a fim when they cancel a flight to the other carrier, instead of endorsing the coupon over to the accepting carrier? If the originating city/destination city is the same as listed on the ticket, the accepting carrier gets paid face value of the ticket, versus the fim rate which is based off of the full Y fare

[This message has been edited by Agent (edited 04-03-2002).]
Old Apr 3, 2002, 4:44 pm

I'm glad to see that AC is starting to look at expenses, this is not un-common for any large company...

I would hate to see the size of AC phone bill...

I have a question for ACDUDE...

Would you dial 411 at home or look it up on the web or phone book?.
And would you use your mobile rather than a land line at home?.

So why should your employer suffer the same costs?.

Come on man, this isn't getting at you as an employee, this is a business suffering from competition and is struggling to save cost..

One BIG reason is the wage bill caused by seniority, if they didn't have this problem they would be much better off..in more ways than one.....Cheaper wage bill and more productive employees...

Stop taking everything so personally....(your starting to sound like a postal candidate)
Old Apr 3, 2002, 5:41 pm
At Large

Ferrari--that's how unions survive;creating seniority so they never ever get to be accountable for anything as long as they support seniority which is built in obsolesence for the employer.

You and I both agree that unions are useless in today's society so I'm preaching to the converted.
Old Apr 3, 2002, 7:35 pm

Old Apr 3, 2002, 8:17 pm

Maybe I can answer your question, Agent.

Only full fare tickets are always endorsable. Excursion fares often come with several restrictions and usually will either have "Valid on AC only" or "Non-endorsable". Consolidator tickets rarely have the fare on the ticket and no airline will accept those. It works both ways as all airlines use the same restrictions in an attempt to keep revenue.
The other problem that may be faced is if the passenger is being rerouted and an additional segment is required, there is not always time to reissue the ticket with the appropriate coupons. It is my understanding that airlines get some value for almost any ticket they present so I often will accept a passenger without an endorsement as long as I can see a fare.
Old Apr 5, 2002, 4:47 pm

Location: Views I hold are not that of Ual Corp, or its holdings, subsidiaries or partners. etc
Thnx, SecretAgent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.