Wiki Posts
Search

Uugg AC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2013, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Uugg AC

I cannot book AC one way and UA return on website (YOW-MIA). I cannot read the back of my Altitude card, hard even with a hand magnifying glass because of the colours. Phone agent cannot book return UA flight because it is not codeshare. Agent tells me to book AC one-way separate tix on line, better because then I have control of reservation. Reservations do not work with my browser (Explorer). Crashed Firefox on select seat function.
I know, its all my fault. What a pleasure to interact with AC.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Usually it's cheape to buy return from the US seaparately anyway. Ca't you book the AC leg on AC, return on the UA site?

BTW my firefox does not usually crash. But then I use a real OS (Linux), not Billy's game system.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion, did that of course. My Firefox rarely locks up too - but anything is made possible by AC. Now any suggestion to make the badAttitude card readable without fetching a magnifying glass and trotting over to a window for light?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:14 am

Programs: AC*E75k, PC Platinum, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, National E/E
Take a picture of the back of the card with a digital camera/smartphone and then zoom in on the photo?

yqqdgk
Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
How you can blame AC for your unreadable card is beyond me... I know we all love the blame AC game, but come on.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danapop
How you can blame AC for your unreadable card is beyond me... I know we all love the blame AC game, but come on.
Whom should we blame then? In this instance, it's really AC, not aeroplan.

But yes, the back of the card is printed in such small fonts that it gets quite difficult to read in low light. Not a good idea.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
The solution to the unreadable card is to fly more. The E35 card is VERY difficult to read as the pale blue is too close to the white lettering. The E50 card is darker and easier to read. AC actually realized this I believe but only fixed it on the luggage tag. The E35 luggage tag has black text vs. white text on the E50 and higher. If the E35 card had black text all would be fine.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 4:22 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
I just received my E35 card in the mail and it has black writing, not white, (on the card as well as luggage tags).

Are you just trying to get your Aeroplan number off of your card or is there something ese you're trying to find?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Stranger
Whom should we blame then? In this instance, it's really AC, not aeroplan.

But yes, the back of the card is printed in such small fonts that it gets quite difficult to read in low light. Not a good idea.
+1.

I find it very difficult to read the SE card. Comcierge card has larger font and no such problems. About four or five years ago they used an absolutely microscopic font for one year and had tons of negative feedback - I guess these things must be designed by 20-something designers with laser vision who never have to read their beautiful looking creations.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 6:52 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by The Lev
+1.

I find it very difficult to read the SE card. Comcierge card has larger font and no such problems. About four or five years ago they used an absolutely microscopic font for one year and had tons of negative feedback - I guess these things must be designed by 20-something designers with laser vision who never have to read their beautiful looking creations.
I'm glad that I am not the only one with this predicament. I particularly remember that one a few years ago and the colour contrasts are part of the problem. I can read the phone numbers on the SE card, but not the "small" (!) print. And yes, likely designed with someone who has not met the challenges of getting a little older!
Old Aug 14, 2013, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fin 645
I'm glad that I am not the only one with this predicament. I particularly remember that one a few years ago and the colour contrasts are part of the problem. I can read the phone numbers on the SE card, but not the "small" (!) print. And yes, likely designed with someone who has not met the challenges of getting a little older!
Under strong light I have no problem reading the phone nos. However under low light, it gets difficult to distinguish between 5 and 6. And the number contains three 5 and two 6...
Old Aug 14, 2013, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lowside67
I just received my E35 card in the mail and it has black writing, not white, (on the card as well as luggage tags).

Are you just trying to get your Aeroplan number off of your card or is there something ese you're trying to find?
The front has my name and AE # in black - I know both by heart.
Back of the card has the super secret you'll-have-to-kill-me-if-I-tell impossible to read numbers.

Last edited by bingocallerb22; Aug 14, 2013 at 8:26 pm Reason: clarity
Old Aug 14, 2013, 8:18 pm

Firefox has been crashing left and right on me since yesterday. Maybe an update is at fault.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 9:34 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
If your firefox is crashing,

try this program http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

download, run, hit delete and let it do its thing.

Full disclosure, I am an IT Consultant
Old Aug 14, 2013, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by danapop
The type gets smaller each year and the complaints continue about how hard it is to read the back of the cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.