Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: PLEASE HELP! SPG to Aeroplan/UA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: PLEASE HELP! SPG to Aeroplan/UA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2013, 8:55 am
Original Poster

PLEASE HELP! SPG to Aeroplan/UA

Hi! New to this. Trying to book two business class seats from Eva Air from BKK to LAX on December 10th. I am stuck on what to do.

United has the two tickets for 60K each, Aeroplan has it for 84K each.

All my points are with SPG, so was going to transfer it to Aeroplan since SPG to United sucks. Only problem is, Aeroplan won't hold my two tickets and I'm not sure how long it's going to take SPG to transfer points. Aeroplan says there are only two business class seats left, so I don't want to transfer all these miles and then be left without anything.

Is there another way of doing this? Is there a way to get this thru United without losing the 2-1 rate from SPG to UA miles? IS THERE ANYWAY OF GETTING AEROPLAN TO HOLD THE 2 TIXS? How long does it take to transfer spg to Aeroplan? should I take the chance the two seats are still there?

We've waited a while to earn these points so I want to use them wisely.

thanks in advance for the advice!
Old Aug 12, 2013, 10:48 am

Have you tried US Airways? It will exit Star Alliance soon (due to merger with AA), but should have the same availability in the interim and 1:1 ratio last I checked with SPG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.