Wiki Posts
Search

Buying another flight pass

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC A50K

I am enjoying my western commuter pass. 100% on my upgrades.
I was wondering if when I am down to my last credit if AC will email me and offer me a deal to buy another one?
Thanks.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:41 pm

Programs: SE 100K MM,UA Gold, Marriott Titanium,Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by km101
I am enjoying my western commuter pass. 100% on my upgrades.
I was wondering if when I am down to my last credit if AC will email me and offer me a deal to buy another one?
Thanks.
as in a reduction on published cost? Wont happen based on my experience. I have used a variety of Latitude passes and no such offer to date
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:41 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G

Nope!
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I bought 5-6 of those when they were first introduced (Rapidair Pass) and each one was more expensive than the last one so I finally stopped buying them. But good luck with that.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:49 pm

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
The only flexibility I ever saw was when the pass was about to expire, if I had credits left and bought a new one the credits would get extended. Never heard of price reductions though and I have been using passes since their inception. I even tested the product for AC one summer.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 12:32 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I bought 5-6 of those when they were first introduced (Rapidair Pass) and each one was more expensive than the last one so I finally stopped buying them. But good luck with that.
+1
Old Jul 16, 2013, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Prestige
Nope!
+1 , have not noted any 'deals'. There was a time when any unused credits would be rolled into a new pass when buying new pass with a longer expiration date. Liked that feature but believe it is also gone
Old Jul 16, 2013, 8:04 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
My experience is the same as everyone else's in 10 years of buying flight passes--your 'deal": you get invited to renew your flight pass at the going rate (big deal huh). Anyway, I find flight passes useful and great value for my travel pattern and am happy to pay the going rate (so far) given the benefits I get, both latitude and flex.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:20 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium and Lifetime Gold. AC 35K *S, UA *S
No, i usually buy at least 2 Florida Plus Sun Passes a year, and i dont get any offers for more.

Last offer i got for a Pass was for a Student Pass...not bad for someone who has been out of school for 10+ years, and with no children.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond. Priority Club Platinum. Emerald Club Executive Elite
I've read the rules about flight passes. I'm thinking of buying a regional pass as I have to take a number of potential last-minute trips throughout Ontario over the next 6 months.

As a SE, each segment I fly (yow-yyz-yqt) will earn me 500 miles for the yow-yyz and 500 miles for yyz-yqt (or higher if the distance is greater than 500 miles.)

My question. What about AQS? Qualifying segments? With a single or two stop itinerary, will I earn one qualifying segment for the whole trip, or one qualifying segment for each segment.

I assume I would earn one AQS for each segment...but the rules about AQS are vague. I'd like to hear from anyone who currently uses a flight pass that includes connections.

Thanks!

..btw...this would be a flex fare, not latitude fare flight pass. My bookings would typically be one day before departure.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum
Originally Posted by nowinyow
I've read the rules about flight passes. I'm thinking of buying a regional pass as I have to take a number of potential last-minute trips throughout Ontario over the next 6 months.

As a SE, each segment I fly (yow-yyz-yqt) will earn me 500 miles for the yow-yyz and 500 miles for yyz-yqt (or higher if the distance is greater than 500 miles.)

My question. What about AQS? Qualifying segments? With a single or two stop itinerary, will I earn one qualifying segment for the whole trip, or one qualifying segment for each segment.

I assume I would earn one AQS for each segment...but the rules about AQS are vague. I'd like to hear from anyone who currently uses a flight pass that includes connections.

Thanks!

..btw...this would be a flex fare, not latitude fare flight pass. My bookings would typically be one day before departure.

You earn one Altitude Qualifying Segment (AQS) and 500 miles for every small segment in the itenerary. YYZ - YOW- YUL would earn 2 AQS and 1000 miles.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond. Priority Club Platinum. Emerald Club Executive Elite
Originally Posted by swedish_canadian
You earn one Altitude Qualifying Segment (AQS) and 500 miles for every small segment in the itenerary. YYZ - YOW- YUL would earn 2 AQS and 1000 miles.
Thanks! I assumed this was the case. However, the rules about AQS are vague and often not mentioned in the terms of agreements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.