Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Updating your Profile on the AC Listens Panel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2013, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G

Received this email from AC Listens:

Dear AC Listens Panelist,

When you first joined the AC Listens Panel, we asked you some questions about your travel habits and experiences as an Air Canada passenger. As people's lifestyles continuously evolve and trends and habits change, we would like to ensure that the information we have for you is still accurate and is still applicable to you specifically. Therefore, we would like to invite you to complete a brief questionnaire to update your profile on the AC Listens Panel.

The survey should take 5-7 minutes to complete. Please complete this survey as soon as possible, but no later than July 17, 2013.

In appreciation for your time, should you complete the questionnaire, we will enter your name in a prize draw for an Air Canada gift card worth $1000. Please click here for contest rules.

To complete our online questionnaire, please click on the URL below, or copy it into the address/ location bar of your browser. Please make sure you copy the whole link since it will sometimes wrap to the following line.

Thank you very much for your time and continued interest in the forum. If you have any questions about the forum, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
The AC Listens Team
Did anyone else get this one? Did you actually fill out a survey? Because when I went to the survey, I clicked on begin, and the survey immediately ended (i.e. there was no survey).
Old Jul 5, 2013, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Yes, I received the survey as well and it worked fine.

The usual questions about how many flights I took, how many in Y/J, which AC services/products I had used etc. After I declined to comment on my income the survey was suddently over - after about half of the questions according to the progress bar at the bottom.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 7:06 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by j_the_p
Received this email from AC Listens:

Did anyone else get this one? Did you actually fill out a survey? Because when I went to the survey, I clicked on begin, and the survey immediately ended (i.e. there was no survey).
Same here. Clicked on the link, told me the survey was concluded. I sent them an email.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 7:11 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
same with me - clicked on the link and was told the survey was over.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 7:13 am

Programs: AC 75K
Same with me:

Thank you for your interest in joining our Panel today. We very much appreciate your time. Unfortunately, either our Panel is now full or the quota group for which you qualify is full.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 7:50 am

Profiling , to be expected in any survey

Tell them a number you go into another group, survey is worthless without income. You need to know who and what to target
Old Jul 5, 2013, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by xLuther
Profiling , to be expected in any survey

Tell them a number you go into another group, survey is worthless without income. You need to know who and what to target
Not complaining - though Im note sure I agree with your premise that income is that important considering the two factors "willingness/ability to spend money on services AC provides" and income are only loosely related, e.g. I know some people who spend more on flights/travel (reimbursed by company) than they earn themselves.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Me too. What a joke. AC Listens? The title of the email does not correspond at all to the content of the email. Then I take the time to read it and click through to do the survey within one hour of the start of the business day that I receive the survey and I get a message that the survey is done. How could that be if they are simply updating profiles? Thanks for wasting my time. Typical Air Canada arrogance.

Last edited by allbrosca; Jul 5, 2013 at 8:58 am Reason: Can't spell!
Old Jul 5, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
I got the email and managed to get slightly past the income question (to which I lied) and then got bumped ... I think after asking what city I was in? I don't entirely recall anymore, as I'm used to getting bumped from their surveys at some strange point.

AC listens... but only to answers to questions they want to ask.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Same with me:

Thank you for your interest in joining our Panel today. We very much appreciate your time. Unfortunately, either our Panel is now full or the quota group for which you qualify is full.
Which makes absolutely no sense given the stated intent of the survey:
As people's lifestyles continuously evolve and trends and habits change, we would like to ensure that the information we have for you is still accurate and is still applicable to you specifically. Therefore, we would like to invite you to complete a brief questionnaire to update your profile on the AC Listens Panel.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
I just got a message saying I had already completed it...

...when I knew I had done no such thing.
I don't know why I bother, they only word the questions to get the answers they want, or put a positive spin on things.
Kinda like the "enhancements" of the last year or so.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you guys think you don't fit the profile, why not giving answers which you would expect would fit?

I don't see why one has to be truthful with surveys. Especially political ones...

More like, opportunities to manipulate the way you want.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:04 am
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
same with me - clicked on the link and was told the survey was over.
Don't you people get it?

You've been fired. Now go away!
Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Same here. But I got a message that said "Not you again!" before it shut me out.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: *void
Mine said "Hello Mr. Rovinescuton. Shall we dust off Porter?"

Seriously, no problems experience here...Mrs. JJJ and I completed the survey within 2 minutes and got the usual congratulatory pats on our backs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.