Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New boarding order

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE (MM), Hilton-Diamond (lifetime)
New boarding order

Boarded a flight out of Pearson Sunday evening. Boarding order started with Business class passengers and Altitude 100K SE only.
Seemed to confuse a bunch of folks but I liked it
New policy I hope?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:59 pm

Was it a Rapidair?

Hopefully they don't turn into UA with 5,000 boarding zones.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 9:28 pm

Programs: AC A50K
I like the idea. Those ticketed in Business should board first. I have no issue with SE 100K boarding before the other tiers. I find it is a bit of a scrum at times when pre-boarding is announced on a larger aircraft.

Unfortunately the T&C of *Gold state that *Gold boards with first and business class. When you are part of an alliance, following the rules is important.

Link: http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...silver-status/
Old Jun 10, 2013, 9:30 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by hydrogen
Was it a Rapidair?

Hopefully they don't turn into UA with 5,000 boarding zones.
Also hope AC doesn't turn into UA where *G, *S, and credit card holders all board zone 2
Old Jun 10, 2013, 9:35 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by maradori
Also hope AC doesn't turn into UA where *G, *S, and credit card holders all board zone 2
That's basically the case now except that in additional to the aforementioned, Busines class and SE100K is ALSO included.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 10:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by km101
I like the idea. Those ticketed in Business should board first. I have no issue with SE 100K boarding before the other tiers. I find it is a bit of a scrum at times when pre-boarding is announced on a larger aircraft.

Unfortunately the T&C of *Gold state that *Gold boards with first and business class. When you are part of an alliance, following the rules is important.

UA and US both let some of their own elites and J/F board before *G.

Of all the *G benefits, that one is, in my opinion, the dumbest idea. It should entitle you to priority boarding, but not at the same time as J/F. Fly UA from EWR to SFO on a wide-body and tell me how sensible it is
Old Jun 11, 2013, 5:26 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by km101

There's a footnote that states "where available". On SQ, first to board is J/F & PPS, followed by others. Similar with a few other star alliance airlines as well.

In any event, I personally like this new boarding order and I hope it's implemented across the board and not just YYZ

Last edited by supatight80; Jun 11, 2013 at 7:30 am
Old Jun 11, 2013, 6:58 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
This is one of the true enhancements of SE perk. I like it.

Priority boarding/Priority baggage are two SE perks that have been so diluted by the abundance of Es and *Gs (especially those A3 *Gs ). It's about time to fix it.

I know I'm dreaming, but I really hope, one day, AC would institute SE Priority bag tags like Hon Senator tags LH has for SEs.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Since I am not an SE, I think senior citizens should board before everyone else.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 7:28 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Since I am not an SE, I think senior citizens should board before everyone else.
Well yes, and those requiring special assistance.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
There was a discussion earlier in the spring about AC doing zone boarding trials, starting in late April and later: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ng-trials.html

Perhaps this is another Air Canada experiment. Maybe they are considering this for the 2014 Altitude program. Did the OP happen to see any Air Canada representatives standing by observing the boarding process, as was the case earlier on?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE (MM), Hilton-Diamond (lifetime)
Originally Posted by hydrogen
Was it a Rapidair?
It was.

It is getting a bit silly these days with the preboarding including business class, 100K, 75K, 50K, 35K, *G. By the time they announce it in French and English they could board the business and SE.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: FT
I like it. I have no status with AC but when I fly on business with them on full revenue, I think that J pax should board before those with status below SE.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by mkjr
I like it. I have no status with AC but when I fly on business with them on full revenue, I think that J pax should board before those with status below SE.
I almost agree -- revenue J should come before SE.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Every time the boarding process comes up on this forum, everyone gets on a soap box to push some change that would benefit their status level or fare class. All the SE's want SE priority increased; everyone who goes paid J wants their priority enhanced. As a E50K, I'm quite happy with the status quo!!

At the end of the day, any changes made will be almost entirely symbolic. It's not like there is a shortage of overhead space for priority passengers; and how much time is dedicated SE/J boarding really going to save? Even on a busy evening/early morning Rapidair flight filled with business travelers, priority boarding is fast enough to have me sitting and having a drink, watching a movie, or doing work before general boarding has started/gotten very far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.