Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

LOT and Adria Airways new Aeroplan accumulation rates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2013, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

As of June 1, 2013, please take note of the following changes in accumulation for Adria Airways.
Earn 125% of the miles flown in booking class J.
Earn 100% in booking class P and 75% in booking class U.
S Class will no longer be available for accumulation.
Until May 31, 2013 earn 0% for booking class J, 75% in booking class P, 0% in booking class U and 75% in S class.

https://www3.aeroplan.com/whats_new/...592_2013_05_28

LOT
As of June 1, 2013 earn 75% of the miles flown in booking classes E, H, K, Q, T, V, G and 50% with booking classes W, L and S.
Until May 31, 2013 earn 100%.

https://www3.aeroplan.com/whats_new/...596_2013_05_28
Old May 30, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Ouch!!! LO rates suck now. That's why I'm now crediting all M&M flights to M&M.
Old May 30, 2013, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by jlisi984
But will you make HON??!!
Old May 30, 2013, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
At least LOT is still offering mileage for W, L and S fares, something none of the other LH-affiliated carriers do. I set up an M&M account two years ago to earn any mileage from those fares. So far I've redeemed those miles for a nice Hugo BOSS belt and a nice leather passport holder. Almost made STARSilver last year too!

BTW LOT starts flying the 787s to YYZ on Monday.

But all these changes are also consistent with AC's own reductions for Tango fares to/from Europe and other destinations, so fair's fair. It does cost these airlines a fair bit to buy these miles and the low fares just don't generate the margins that permit full miles any longer.
Old May 30, 2013, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by okazon69
Good thing he doesn't have to fly his instrument with him. I have a friend whose cello is an SE since she buys a seat for it on every flight!
Old May 30, 2013, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
At this rate star will be the alliance to avoid.
Old May 30, 2013, 4:22 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
I could never make HON... I couldn't fathom flying LH on all TATL flights... Bleh!

I will definitely make FTL though. I guess better than nothing - considering I wouldn't even get 1 status mile otherwise!
Old May 30, 2013, 4:40 pm

Programs: AC
Now watch the Flex fares to WAW go up $100-200. The only thing that was keeping them semi-reasonable was the 100%-earning LO flight.
Old May 30, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
I could never make HON... I couldn't fathom flying LH on all TATL flights... Bleh!
Fully agree on LH, but OS and LX on the other hand...
Old May 30, 2013, 6:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
This sucks.

I have to think that it's a case of LO and JP balking at the bills they get from AC/AE, however, that *A internal system works. LO was my secret intra-Europe partner to earn full miles and last year I flew them to WAW, GDN, BEG, BUD and ZRH and almost always enjoy flying with the Poles.

JP requires a bit of work to fly now that they have suspended ex-LON service indefinitely. I have flown them to LJU, BEG, TGD, ZRH and BRU and hope they can make a go of it as the small Slovenian carrier. I did notice that they finally took the plunge with service to their next-door neighbour, Croatia, with Sat summer service on LJU-SPU which I plan to be on next month.

At least they both remain better options than TP, now that is the chintziest partner out there, IMHO. 10% accumulation of a number of fare categories, even worse accumulation than Air Canada Rouge, err, rouge.
Old May 30, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
Originally Posted by Shareholder
[snip]

BTW LOT starts flying the 787s to YYZ on Monday.

[snip].
I saw Ethiopian's 787 in YYZ last Tuesday.
Old May 30, 2013, 8:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
I had a feeling this was coming. I wish they would honour all existing bookings at the original accumulation rate. They sold me a ticket promising 100% miles, and now it's 75% or even 0% without warning. Thankfully my LO flight is short haul. Now trying to find out if my AC S class for the codeshare is higher than LO W/L/S, which I'm hoping map to AC T/L/K. AC hasn't updated the table yet. http://www.aircanada.com/shared/en/c...ileage_lo.html
Old May 30, 2013, 11:49 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Good thing he doesn't have to fly his instrument with him. I have a friend whose cello is an SE since she buys a seat for it on every flight!
How does she handle upgrades? What happens if cello get the last J seat?
Old Jul 21, 2013, 8:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by guessaaa
I had a feeling this was coming. I wish they would honour all existing bookings at the original accumulation rate. They sold me a ticket promising 100% miles, and now it's 75% or even 0% without warning. Thankfully my LO flight is short haul. Now trying to find out if my AC S class for the codeshare is higher than LO W/L/S, which I'm hoping map to AC T/L/K. AC hasn't updated the table yet. http://www.aircanada.com/shared/en/c...ileage_lo.html
The chart still hasn't changed. Can I assume AC S is still ok to earn points on LO?
Old Jul 22, 2013, 6:03 am

Programs: UA MP - 1K
LO Z fares ex-FRA/MUC

I'm straying a bit from the OP's topic........thought some of you might be interested in this......there are good Z fares ex-FRA/MUC to YYZ for the rest of the year and even beyond at Euro 2200 all in, Z earns 125% miles with LO.
This fare has been around for weeks, considering you are paying Euro > 1200 with AC to Canada, this is a great deal IMO.
On top, you get to experience the new 787 in business.

P.S.: Good ex-YYZ to FRA also (didn't check the rest of European cities), for at least August

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.