Wiki Posts
Search

Yyz-lim which 767 do they use

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2013, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
Yyz-lim which 767 do they use

I booked a flight on AC from YYZ-LIM on July 31. The reservation seat map shows all 5 versions of the plane. When or how do U find out which version U are on. I am Star Gold as a UA 1-K and my assigned seat is 20C. which is aisle on all version. Will AC switch seats if I call them?
Old May 23, 2013, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Yes they will switch seats if you phone and ask them, although likely not the seats in the mini front cabin unless you want to pay a fee for bulkhead/exit (not a bad value actually).

You can figure out which aircraft will be flying by doing a dummy booking on aircanada.com for your chosen date in "Latitude" and then clicking on the flight number to see seat availability.

In any event, they only fly the "XM" aircraft with full AVOD to LIM.
Old May 23, 2013, 7:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
With 99% certainty, it will be Version 1 or Version 2 (24J/187Y). Version 3 is used on certain long-haul runs which require contractual crew rest (bunks) and periodically shows up on Europe and Hawaii runs. Rarely is this configuration sent to South America.
Old May 24, 2013, 3:45 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Just to add to the good comments above, in theory correct. In practice, I never know which bird it is until I board, AC likes to pleasantly surprise you. I have flown 3 versions on that route.
Old May 24, 2013, 8:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Just to add to the good comments above, in theory correct. In practice, I never know which bird it is until I board, AC likes to pleasantly surprise you. I have flown 3 versions on that route.
From a customer perspective Layouts 1, 2 , 3 are essentially the same. Slightly different lavatory and galley configurations - a result of the AC/CP merger years ago.
Old May 24, 2013, 10:08 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
From a customer perspective Layouts 1, 2 , 3 are essentially the same. Slightly different lavatory and galley configurations - a result of the AC/CP merger years ago.
Yup, from this customer's perspective, I hardly noticed when they substituted a non-pod J Yes, I know it is rare for that to happen.
Old May 24, 2013, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Yup, from this customer's perspective, I hardly noticed when they substituted a non-pod J Yes, I know it is rare for that to happen.
You'll notice that I omitted any reference to "Layout 4". AC deployed XM'd aircraft long before then Continental was still flying domestically configured 757's to IAH & EWR & DL to ATL. With the non-XM'D aircraft on their way out, fortunately this will be one less issue contentious issue. Unless there is some major & irregular operational issue, the sole non-XM'd aircraft will be assigned to Europe seasonal service - shouldn't be anywhere in the vicinity of South America.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.