Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

transferring from SFO to SJC connecting or Jaw?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2013, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan

(Using Aeroplan pts.) I have found a nice connection from YYJ-SFO on United then a quick drive to SJC (San Jose) to connect with ANA to NRT. Will Aeroplan treat this as just a connection? Or treat it as an open jaw?(which i can't have )
Final destination is BKK.

Thanks
Old May 21, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, *G, WS-Gold, Nexus, HH-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hertz-PC
AE.com won't allow much in the way of multi-city destinations, although I have had success booking far more complicated redemptions by calling AE directly.

My advice would be to book 2 separate rewards, YYJ-SFO and ANA-NRT-BKK.
Old May 21, 2013, 9:05 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Please see this FT post from 2009:

You have to look at the fare rules for this; it is indeed considered the same point:

THE CITY PAIRS BELOW ARE CONSIDERED THE SAME POINT- BWI-WAS DTT-FNT DTT-LAN DTT-MBS EWR-HPN EWR-NYC FLL-MIA FLL-PBI LAX-BUR LAX-ONT LAX-SNA MIA-PBI MSP-RST MSP-STC NYC-EWR NYC-HPN OAK-SJC ONT-BUR ONT-SNA SFO-OAK SFO-SJC SNA-BUR
Old May 21, 2013, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan
Thank you IluvSQ. A solid reply.I respect most posters on this site, but when they don't know of what they say, (Like the Gypsy), why don't they just not say anything?

Old May 21, 2013, 11:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Call AP and use the term 'co-terminal' to book this manually as it won't come up online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.