Community
Wiki Posts
Search

toronto airport overnight layover

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2013, 11:41 am
Original Poster

toronto airport overnight layover

Flying from Asia to US by Air Canada, have a overnight layover at Toronto airport, I have 500 dollar Air Canada paper voucher that have no use otherwise, does anyone know of any hotel and restaurant in or around the Toronto airport that will accept the Air Canada voucher as payment? Thanks!
Old May 14, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
There is a sheraton attached to Terminal 3 - I would give them a call.
Old May 14, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
There is also the ALT Hotel, which is attached to the airport. It's more modern and trendy than the Sheraton YYZ, although I have always stayed at the latter due to SPG loyalty.
Old May 14, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question

The Sheraton Gateway at T3 is definitely your 1st choice. You can walk to the hotel. By contrast, the ALT is the other side of ee parking and you need to take the Sky Train, which is down at the moment.

I am staying at the Gateway tonight so I will PM you if any issues.

I would like to know more about the $500 voucher? That's a lot of $$ and you can definitely trade up to the SPG floor! What about meals? Transportation? i.e. could you use it to take a limo downtown?
Old May 14, 2013, 1:35 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.2.2; Nexus 4 Build/JDQ39) AppleWebKit/537.31 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/26.0.1410.58 Mobile Safari/537.31)

With the LINK train being down for construction, the value proposition of the Sheraton over the rest of the YYZ hotel crop is reduced. Shop around.

Sounds like the OP has an AC bump voucher / MCO, which is not applicable for non-flight costs (including YQ).

Normally at the time of the bump, the affected customers are offered a 500CAD voucher or 200CAD cash. If the OP finds himself short of funds, he might be able to retroactively convert the voucher to cash, but don't count on it.
Old May 14, 2013, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
and for greater clarity, this voucher almost certainly can not be used at any hotel - flights only.
Old May 14, 2013, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

The paper voucher (MCO) is from a delayed flight. I seldom fly Air Canada, that's why I am trying to use it anyway I can. Since I have a layover in Toronto airport overnight, I am trying to use it towards hotel, meal etc., that's why the question.

Just wondering whether there is any hotel (Sheraton YYZ? ALT?) that will accept the Air Canada MCO as the payment, if yes, that will be a good way to use the MCO.
Old May 14, 2013, 7:50 pm
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by adobe

Just wondering whether there is any hotel (Sheraton YYZ? ALT?) that will accept the Air Canada MCO as the payment, if yes, that will be a good way to use the MCO.
The poster above already gave a good answer that no one else will accept it. If you can't use the voucher yourself, then do you have a family member or friend who could use it? (or you could try to sell it)

http://www.aircanada.com/en/customer...ml#faq:0-1-2-*

Am I able to sign over my MCO to another person for them to use?
Yes. There are three ways to sign over an MCO voucher to another person:

Online:
After travel has been completed, fill out the EMCO/TRAVEL VOUCHER REQUEST FORM and check the box indicating that you authorize another person to use your EMCO voucher.

Email or mail:
Along with all other required information, send us a signed letter of consent on which you indicate the full name of the person to whom you wish to sign over your MCO. Remember to include the itinerary-receipt of the person who will be benefiting from your MCO refund. Naturally, you’ll be doing this after travel has been completed.

At the airport:
You and the person to whom you wish to sign over your MCO can go together to the airport and purchase a ticket at any Air Canada counter. Don’t forget to bring your voucher and make sure both of you are carrying valid ID.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.