Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How bad are immigration lines in YYZ? (non-NEXUS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2013, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: The standard ones.

Anyone know what the lines look like for a non-NEXUS traveler on a weekday morning? (7:45am on a Tuesday)

I'm planning a flight from CLE-YYZ and I've got a meeting in downtown Toronto starting in the early morning.
Old May 13, 2013, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
I don't usually clear in the morning, but I think they should be fine since the large number of wide-bodies haven't started arriving yet.
Old May 13, 2013, 6:45 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by outjet
Anyone know what the lines look like for a non-NEXUS traveler on a weekday morning? (7:45am on a Tuesday)

I'm planning a flight from CLE-YYZ and I've got a meeting in downtown Toronto starting in the early morning.
No lineup in the morning. Most flight arriving at that time are domestic red eyes that do not require immigration. There are a few US west coast and vegas flights but nothing to create any major lineup. Likely 15 mins.
Old May 13, 2013, 7:50 am

no lines this morning at 8am
With the new self-service kiosk for Canadians, the lines were pretty thin.
Old May 13, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium and Lifetime Gold. AC 35K *S, UA *S
the bigger problem will be the traffic getting from Pearson to downtown at that time.
Old May 14, 2013, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Mornings are usually fine.

The biggest $h!t$how of incompetence begins around mid-afternoon and ends early evening.
Old May 28, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: free agent
I'm flying PHL-YYZ-LHR next month. Haven't connected thru YYZ in 10+ years, so wondered what the immigration into Canada will be like at around 8:20pm. Or are international connections not required to clear? My connection doesn't leave until 11:20pm, so presumably that will leave some time for a visit to the club.

Which brings me to the second Q: as a *G, I can access the international MLL there, correct?

Anything else must see/do in YYZ?
Old May 28, 2013, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by AlphaTango
I'm flying PHL-YYZ-LHR next month. Haven't connected thru YYZ in 10+ years, so wondered what the immigration into Canada will be like at around 8:20pm. Or are international connections not required to clear? My connection doesn't leave until 11:20pm, so presumably that will leave some time for a visit to the club.

Which brings me to the second Q: as a *G, I can access the international MLL there, correct?

Anything else must see/do in YYZ?
Immigration lines could be long but you only need to use the connections line which is rarely more than 5 mins as it tends to be a document check. The connections line is on the left just BEFORE you head down the escalators to the main immigration hall.
Yes you can access the MLL with *G
Old May 28, 2013, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by vernonc
Immigration lines could be long but you only need to use the connections line which is rarely more than 5 mins as it tends to be a document check. The connections line is on the left just BEFORE you head down the escalators to the main immigration hall.
Yes you can access the MLL with *G
Thanks for the info. And bags can be checked thru without collecting/rechecking them? (I usually travel carry-on only, but Mrs. AT and her shoe collection will be with me. )
Old May 28, 2013, 10:52 am

Thanks for the info. And bags can be checked thru without collecting/rechecking them? (I usually travel carry-on only, but Mrs. AT and her shoe collection will be with me. )
Yes, checked straight thru without collecting or rechecking them
Old May 28, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Yup... also no need to re clear security.

On your return (assuming you are going LHR-YYZ-PHL) you will go down the escalators towards Canada Customs, and once you pass through the doors you will take a hard left with purple signs for US connections (F gates)... you will proceed to a special area where you scan your boarding pass on a kiosk and then once your name appears on the TV monitor you proceed directly to US immigration/customs and then security. No need to go through Canadian immigration/customs and no need to claim your bag.
Old May 28, 2013, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by simba8
no lines this morning at 8am
With the new self-service kiosk for Canadians, the lines were pretty thin.
Have they finally introduced these to the rest of the country?
Old May 28, 2013, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by D582
Yup... also no need to re clear security.

On your return (assuming you are going LHR-YYZ-PHL) ...
Thanks for the info. Actually, the return is by ship out of Southampton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.