Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Altitude Report

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2013, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
The Altitude Report

New e-mail update from AC Altitude with monthly summary and recent news items. One new offer:
MORE SUN. MORE MILES.
You can earn 2,500 Bonus Aeroplan® Miles when you purchase a round-trip flight between Canada and San Francisco, Los Angeles or San Diego with a Flex, Latitude or Executive Class® fare. This bonus applies for travel between April 1 and May 31, 2013. Simply book your flight before April 2, 2013 and use this promotional code: ********.

Not all that exciting, but a new format for the monthly report.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 5:18 pm

eUpgrade Reward Flights

I was confused by what they had to say in the 'eUpgrade your Classic Flight Reward'. When you click on the 'read more' link it outlines the rules/regulations, but this seemed confusing to me:

"Requesting an upgrade for an eUpgrade Nominee

Super Elite 100K members may request an upgrade for one of their eUpgrade Nominees, even when they are not traveling with them. However, in order to request the upgrade, the Super Elite 100K member must be present at time of check-in with their nominee in order to authorize the upgrade."

So it seems to say "you don't have to travel with them to request the upgrade" but "you have to be present at the time of check-in." Seems to be at odds with each other no?

Andrew.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Rowat
So it seems to say "you don't have to travel with them to request the upgrade" but "you have to be present at the time of check-in." Seems to be at odds with each other no?
Many people will go to the iarport to drop off friends or family, so no it is not at odds - at least for the outbound segment. Could be more problematic for the return though.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The Lev
Many people will go to the airport to drop off friends or family, so no it is not at odds - at least for the outbound segment. Could be more problematic for the return though.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 5:51 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by The Lev
Many people will go to the iarport to drop off friends or family, so no it is not at odds - at least for the outbound segment. Could be more problematic for the return though.
You're kidding, right?

My friends and family live all over the place. Me being present at YYZ to upgrade my sister would require a 4.5 hour flight.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Dorian
Me being present at YYZ to upgrade my sister would require a 4.5 hour flight.
And AC thanks you for taking that flight on AC metal to be with your sister at time of check-in to request the upgrade.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 6:15 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by RCyyz
And AC thanks you for taking that flight on AC metal to be with your sister at time of check-in to request the upgrade.
lol....when I was writing that I was actually thinking that would be the ultimate AC scam of all new proportions!
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
This is only for eUpgrading award reservations, so I suspect it's an airport managed process. Seems like the IT team talked their way out of building this into the online engine. Lame.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:22 pm

Programs: Nexus
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
New e-mail update from AC Altitude with monthly summary and recent news items. One new offer:
MORE SUN. MORE MILES.
You can earn 2,500 Bonus Aeroplan® Miles when you purchase a round-trip flight between Canada and San Francisco, Los Angeles or San Diego with a Flex, Latitude or Executive Class® fare. This bonus applies for travel between April 1 and May 31, 2013. Simply book your flight before April 2, 2013 and use this promotional code: ********.

Not all that exciting, but a new format for the monthly report.
Seriously???

I just booked Flex yyz to san on ac.com LAST NIGHT!!

Have to see if I can get this added. I'm even pastbthe 24h free cancellation period. Arghhhhhh
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:37 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
Altitude is nominated for the Freddie Award – a highly recognized travel award. Help us win by voting for Air Canada Altitude™ as the Best Airline Elite Program for the Americas by March 31, 2013.
Ho. Ho. Ho. (retch)

1 vote for Westjet coming up.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Rowat
Andrew.
The dude doesn't hang out here anymore. He's become a fiction.

He was part of a group that went into air Canada that actually gave a .... about customers. After that. Well .

He did some sig sigma ........ in Ac. It didn't mean much. From all perspectives most of what he wanted to accomplish didn't work. He mostly disappeared from here about three years ago

He's probably embarrassed

insuspext they got him and his sense of purpose died. He sold out

Sa

Some here will remember him for putting error plan fliers into lounges

He coulda been CEO. Could have been a contender

Today just some dude who could have had an error with a plan
Old Mar 25, 2013, 9:44 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Did anyone else not get their 'report'? I've received all previous SE newsletters up until now.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 9:50 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
Originally Posted by yvr76
Did anyone else not get their 'report'? I've received all previous SE newsletters up until now.
Take it as a compliment. You've been personally enhanced.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yvr76
I assume the promotion code is personalized, so if you want the bonus miles on a flight to California, you do want to receive the e-mail.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RooFlyer
Ho. Ho. Ho. (retch)

1 vote for Westjet coming up.
I thought it was really odd that Altitude would enter as the Best Airline Elite Program. Is it competing against Aeroplan? It seems to me that each is half an Elite Program - one offers status to flyers, the others offers rewards to just about anyone. However, what good is status without rewards? I could never vote for Altitude, as it is the only airline Frequent Flyer program I am aware of that does not have flight rewards for its members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.